Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Is it wrong....?

Posted by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 2:08 AM
  • 44 Replies

I was asked by my SO what I really want for Mothers Day. I said what I really want is a little home deep fryer. The one I like is on sale for like $30. And for the kids to color me new pictures to hang at my desk. WE not just me or him, but WE got told an applicance is not a good gift to give for a holiday. Is it wrong for him to get me what I really want just because its an applicance if its what I asked for? I think its ridiculous but I thought I would get some other opinions.

by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 2:08 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mama_2_jasper
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 2:10 AM
2 moms liked this
If that's what you want, who cares!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sissyboogs
by Platinum Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 2:10 AM
1 mom liked this

If it makes you happy, who cares what anyone else thinks about it? 

3lilmonsters88
by Carolina Sky on Apr. 25, 2012 at 2:11 AM
My bf got me a popcorn maker for mother's day last year so yea I'm no help with this LOL. Idgaf what I get if anything. Its the thought that counts IMO.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
VioletSpirit
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 2:13 AM
Who cares? It's what you want. I got the magic bullet on my first mother's day.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mom2cheesebug
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 2:14 AM
1 mom liked this

Not at all. I asked for a crock pot, not just any crock pot, but the one that has three crockpots in one unit. It would make birthdays and holidays so much easier and clean up too. Its on sale for $35, so thats what im getting.

amclark62
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 2:14 AM

I don't think appliances are bad gifts if it is something the person you are giving it to actually wants.   However, I can see how it would offend some people.  One year for Christmas, my FIL gave my MIL a new vacuum.  He was thinking it was a nice gift because the old one wouldn't pick anything up and would leave dust everywhere.  My MIL thought it was so rude of him to get that because she would have preferred something for herself... not something for her to do house work with.  I think it all depends on who the gift is for.  If you REALLY want it and have made it known to others, I don't think it would be a bad gift at all.  :)  Hope you have a happy Mother's Day.

Lucky2haveLiam
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 2:15 AM
1 mom liked this

That is ridiculous! Its mother's day if you want a deep fryer than you should damn well get your deep fryer. Why shouldn't you have what you want just because its an appliance. DH got me an awesome vacuum last year for Christmas and I was stoked ( fyi I did ask for a vacuum he didn't just think it was a good idea lol). Anyways as I was saying sometimes people get all silly with "traditional" gift concepts, you should get whatever you want on your day IDC if you want a goldfish and a pop tart. Your the mother, its mothers day if you want it than it should be yours.

KYLIEAARONMOMMY
by Ruby Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 2:15 AM
Who give a shit what anybody else thinks, only what you think! If that's what you want, then get what you want.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
chunkyhoney78
by Silver Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 2:16 AM

its your want and he can chose to get you what you want. dont let others run your thoughts if you like it then thats for you to like thats all that matters in the end. Hope he gets it for you and you enjoy it

BekahBrownEyes
by NoLies on Apr. 25, 2012 at 2:17 AM
1 mom liked this

Screw everyone else's snobby opinion. It's what YOU want. I'd love to know just WHEN is a good day to give an appliance? What a bunch of bull malarky...I think those that are saying that are just jealous your man cares enough to ask what you REALLY want.

Judgemental people need to take their misery someplace else.

I refuse to conform, I refuse to take crap from others, I am a sassy, smart, honest, fabulous and sexy Texas Mama.

Save The Planet- Go Green!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)