Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I abandoned my family for an 18 year old guy I met online. Ask anything

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
If you care to.
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 25, 2012 at 2:12 AM
Replies (171-180):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 25, 2012 at 11:09 AM

I can understand how you would see it that way and it would be a lie if I said my intention wasn't to start drama.

However, I have never said anything untrue in this thread and I believe with all of my heart that I abandoned my mother. She suffered from BPD and I believe my actions contributed to her eventual suicide. I carry deep guilt over that.

Quoting amomynous_j:

so you cut them out of your lives.

again

"abandoned them" is exaggerating and purposely misleading. 

Quoting Anonymous:

I did mean my mother and sister. I also mostly meant emotionally abandoned. I had been living on my own since I was 17 and had temporarily moved back in with my mentally ill mother. When I left, I didn't tell anyone. I left letters explaining the situation and telling them not to contact me. I had intended to cut off contact. Luckily things worked out and now my sister and I have a great relationship, though unfortunately long distance.

Quoting Mychele:

That was my question. She could mean her parents an siblings.

Quoting Ber-Lynn:

Did you abandon a husband and kids?

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 25, 2012 at 11:10 AM

I suppose you're right. My mother was hurt that I left without a word and tried to cut off contact.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

You did wreck someone's home. Yours.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 25, 2012 at 11:12 AM

No, I'm not Marcie! For anyone interested in knowing, I have no problem sharing my SN. I'm not ashamed of my choices, though I do have a few regrets.

Everything I've shared in this thread is true, but please don't be sad for me! I'm extremely happy and am convinced that I did the right thing, even though I made some poor choices along the way.

I do believe in karma. I believe that my choices contributed to my mothers eventual suicide. It's something I deeply regret and I carry a lot of guilt over.

Quoting redneckmama4:

Are you Marcie????

My long, lost stupid-ass cousin???

I hope it's not true but sadly, I'm sure it is.

Karma's a bitch is all I can say...whether you believe in it or not...

Anonymous
by Anonymous 16 on Apr. 25, 2012 at 11:16 AM
I can relate to what you were feeling, Op, my mom has schizotypal and histrionic personality disorder and I stayes with her until,I was 22, I just turned 23. People who have never experienced life with a mentally ill person won't understand. I am glad you found happiness but I am sorry about your mom.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 25, 2012 at 11:18 AM

Thank you so much. Looking back, I feel as though a part of me was trying to escape. Mental illness can be so devastating on families :(. I'm sorry about your mom too.

Quoting Anonymous:

I can relate to what you were feeling, Op, my mom has schizotypal and histrionic personality disorder and I stayes with her until,I was 22, I just turned 23. People who have never experienced life with a mentally ill person won't understand. I am glad you found happiness but I am sorry about your mom.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 11 on Apr. 25, 2012 at 11:19 AM
Actually it is trolling to post something inflamatory in hopes of eliciting a negative response.

Quoting Anonymous:

The main reason was boredom last night. I don't really care about my status. This is my first ever "confession." It's not just a troll. Everything I've said is true.

I'm also really interested in the way people assume and respond to things. I think it's directly linked to how they relate the situation to their own life.

Quoting Anonymous:

You're posting this to what? Up your status? Pure Boredom? Just a troll? What's the deal.. inquiring minds want to know & Springer's not on?? 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 15 on Apr. 25, 2012 at 11:19 AM
Quoting Anonymous:

So, you're single and didn't leave your child? Only your mom?
redneckmama4
by Loree on Apr. 25, 2012 at 11:19 AM

I won't read all the pages but what I have read seem to be excuses why you are how you are...which to me sounds callous.

I moved out when I was 15, never had a dad and my mom is loony...I will NEVER use any of that as an excuse to why I'm bein' emotionally void. Or for any other *issues* I may have.

We all grow up how we do, move on from hurts in our lives and become better people in the long run. Well, some people do...

Quoting Anonymous:

No, I'm not Marcie! For anyone interested in knowing, I have no problem sharing my SN. I'm not ashamed of my choices, though I do have a few regrets.

Everything I've shared in this thread is true, but please don't be sad for me! I'm extremely happy and am convinced that I did the right thing, even though I made some poor choices along the way.

I do believe in karma. I believe that my choices contributed to my mothers eventual suicide. It's something I deeply regret and I carry a lot of guilt over.

Quoting redneckmama4:

Are you Marcie????

My long, lost stupid-ass cousin???

I hope it's not true but sadly, I'm sure it is.

Karma's a bitch is all I can say...whether you believe in it or not...

Aadensma
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 11:20 AM
My mom tried doing that. She was 41 and he was 20. So wrong.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 25, 2012 at 11:20 AM

Fair enough! Though I did say it's not JUST a troll, not that it wasn't a troll at all =). I then explained my other motivation, beyond simply the drama.

Quoting Anonymous:

Actually it is trolling to post something inflamatory in hopes of eliciting a negative response.

Quoting Anonymous:

The main reason was boredom last night. I don't really care about my status. This is my first ever "confession." It's not just a troll. Everything I've said is true.

I'm also really interested in the way people assume and respond to things. I think it's directly linked to how they relate the situation to their own life.

Quoting Anonymous:

You're posting this to what? Up your status? Pure Boredom? Just a troll? What's the deal.. inquiring minds want to know & Springer's not on?? 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)