Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I abandoned my family for an 18 year old guy I met online. Ask anything

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
If you care to.
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 25, 2012 at 2:12 AM
Replies (201-206):
AllieReed
by Gold Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 12:14 PM

Gah! That's 10 minutes I'll never get back. What you really should've said was that you abandoned your mentally ill mother to get married & that you feel guilty about it. That's all this boils down to!

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 25, 2012 at 12:15 PM

I definitely would not call myself an attention whore, though there is no denying that the post title, while 100% true, was designed to provoke certain responses.

The reason I wouldn't call myself an attention whore is simply because I don't care about attention. If I did, I would have posted with my SN so everyone would know. (That being said, if anyone cared to know who I was, I wouldn't hesitate to tell you. I'm not ashamed of anything). Further, this is my first and probably my last confession. I just don't really have anything else worth confessing! lol

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

So you used a title that you knew would rile everyone up...

Hmmmmm.... You're not a home wrecking whore. You're an attention whore!

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 25, 2012 at 12:17 PM

Fair enough! Though, since it's my life, it's really hard to "boil it down." I feel as though my choice to move to another country for a man I'd never met without telling my mentally ill mother contributed to her eventual suicide. I do carry a lot of guilt over that :/

Sorry for wasting your 10 minutes, but be honest, are any of the confessions on this forum a valuable use of your time? lol.

Quoting AllieReed:

Gah! That's 10 minutes I'll never get back. What you really should've said was that you abandoned your mentally ill mother to get married & that you feel guilty about it. That's all this boils down to!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 18 on Apr. 25, 2012 at 1:25 PM

You are selfish

Allisonc7910
by Gold Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 1:26 PM

lol, riiighhhht..

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 25, 2012 at 1:30 PM

Yes, I believe it was selfish of me to leave the way I did. I don't regret leaving, but I do regret how I did it.

Quoting Anonymous:

You are selfish

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)