Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Alcoholic. its not even a question anymore **EDIT**

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 76 Replies

I drank last night...past out/ went to sleep @ 1230. woke up at 430 & finished the mixed drink I had. Woke up at 6am & took a shot. Just 1...that's what I told myself... 3 shots later its 730 & I hate myself. Im an alcoholic. I need to stop. Im too young to drink this much. I will be sitting DF down tonight (who knows I drink too much but doesn't know really how much).....

Any advice from people who've recovered from this?

I am a great mom, that's not in question.

**Edit**

I just want to thank ALL of you for your support. I know this is just online & I don't know you but your words do mean a lot & help. I called DF and we are sitting down tonight & coming up with a game plan including finding a meeting for me to attend (He may even go with me) I am going to take it one day at a time. Today was the straw that broke the camels back. I've never in my life drank in the morning & especially when I was responcible for my son. I can't believe it I really can't...That it got this far with out me even realizing it. I did the right thing though. I called his father (DF) and i didn't hide anything I told him everything (He knew most) I am embarassed, ashamed, and guilty, but for some reason (maybe this post or just realizing I need to do better) I am Happy. Happy because I CAN FIX this. I know I can & I will. Thank you to all of you who shared your recovery stories, I know that had to be hard. Thank you for those who offered support as friends/family of an alcoholic. I will update later on in case anyone is interested! <3

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 25, 2012 at 7:32 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Kaydence2010
by Bronze Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 7:33 AM
One of my friends started AA when he was 21. He's now 25 and still sober.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jbirdsladie27
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 7:34 AM
1 mom liked this
((((((((HUGS))))))))))
The 1st step is knowing you have a problem and you know.
Good luck.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lovelove211
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 7:36 AM
1 mom liked this
Make an appointment with your doctor and seek help
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
frankiesma530
by Platinum Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 7:36 AM

I don't have any experience with this anymore, having kid(s) made me slow down a lot cuz I know I simply can't keep up if I do drink but I wish you the best of luck and hope you find some help!

CoolRelax
by Platinum Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 7:37 AM

Accepting you have a problem is the first step.  Definitely get some support.  Good luck.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 25, 2012 at 7:38 AM
1 mom liked this
Good for you for wanting help. But saying you're a great mom makes me think you're trying to convince yourself as well as all of us.
princessputter
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 7:40 AM

I hope you find the strength you need to stop drinking... look at it this way.. you have kids.. you dont have a choice..

kemmerer411
Find An AA meeting today!

Go to AA.org... Find a meeting.

It saved my life.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
RobinChristine

Good luck in your recovery. I hope DF is understanding and supportive)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 25, 2012 at 7:41 AM
Im 22. I think for a longtime I told myself im too young to say I have a problem. It can't happen this young. I easily finish a bottle liquor a night... I can stop for a couple days but I think about it, and then I end up drinking again. I don't know anymore. I think DF knows, but doesnt know what to do. It isn't fair to him.

Quoting Kaydence2010:

One of my friends started AA when he was 21. He's now 25 and still sober.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)