Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Alcoholic. its not even a question anymore **EDIT**

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I drank last night...past out/ went to sleep @ 1230. woke up at 430 & finished the mixed drink I had. Woke up at 6am & took a shot. Just 1...that's what I told myself... 3 shots later its 730 & I hate myself. Im an alcoholic. I need to stop. Im too young to drink this much. I will be sitting DF down tonight (who knows I drink too much but doesn't know really how much).....

Any advice from people who've recovered from this?

I am a great mom, that's not in question.

**Edit**

I just want to thank ALL of you for your support. I know this is just online & I don't know you but your words do mean a lot & help. I called DF and we are sitting down tonight & coming up with a game plan including finding a meeting for me to attend (He may even go with me) I am going to take it one day at a time. Today was the straw that broke the camels back. I've never in my life drank in the morning & especially when I was responcible for my son. I can't believe it I really can't...That it got this far with out me even realizing it. I did the right thing though. I called his father (DF) and i didn't hide anything I told him everything (He knew most) I am embarassed, ashamed, and guilty, but for some reason (maybe this post or just realizing I need to do better) I am Happy. Happy because I CAN FIX this. I know I can & I will. Thank you to all of you who shared your recovery stories, I know that had to be hard. Thank you for those who offered support as friends/family of an alcoholic. I will update later on in case anyone is interested! <3

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 25, 2012 at 7:32 AM
Replies (41-50):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Apr. 25, 2012 at 10:51 AM
Is he/she home when you're drinking in the morning?

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

How old are your children that you're drinking at 6am?

Quoting Anonymous:

I drank last night...past out/ went to sleep @ 1230. woke up at 430 & finished the mixed drink I had. Woke up at 6am & took a shot. Just 1...that's what I told myself... 3 shots later its 730 & I hate myself. Im an alcoholic. I need to stop. Im too young to drink this much. I will be sitting DF down tonight (who knows I drink too much but doesn't know really how much).....

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Apr. 25, 2012 at 10:53 AM

My DH is an alcoholic he knows he has a problem.  He functions normally and holds down a great job, but at night he starts drinking and drinks till he passes out.  Every night.  He has tried numerous times to stop.  Works for a while then he goes right back to normal.  I hope you find out what works for you to stop.  I know there are many success stories out there.  You can do it.  I just don't know what the answer is though.  Good luck.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Apr. 25, 2012 at 11:01 AM
Oh my gosh! I'm so proud of you! It's going to be a battle but you can do this!!!!!

Quoting Anonymous:

Aw thank you. I dumped the alcohol. I called DF. Im done with this. I am going to be better.

Quoting Anonymous:

I can't stop thinking about you, in a non creepy way. I hope you are okay!

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 25, 2012 at 11:06 AM
1 mom liked this
Sounds like me. Today was the last straw. I coudlnt believe what I was doing.

Quoting Anonymous:

My DH is an alcoholic he knows he has a problem.  He functions normally and holds down a great job, but at night he starts drinking and drinks till he passes out.  Every night.  He has tried numerous times to stop.  Works for a while then he goes right back to normal.  I hope you find out what works for you to stop.  I know there are many success stories out there.  You can do it.  I just don't know what the answer is though.  Good luck.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 25, 2012 at 11:07 AM
I was looking for advice, not being bashed for my poor choices. Thanks though

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Apr. 25, 2012 at 11:15 AM
I'm not trying to "bash" you. Sorry.

Quoting Anonymous:

I was looking for advice, not being bashed for my poor choices. Thanks though

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Mommy_Jenx3
by Ruby Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 11:16 AM
Good luck, mama. It's great you recognize you have a problem and want to fix it.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 25, 2012 at 11:18 AM
Thank you.

Quoting Mommy_Jenx3:

Good luck, mama. It's great you recognize you have a problem and want to fix it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Apr. 25, 2012 at 11:19 AM
My boyfriend is 9 years sober. Put your heart into aa
Mehganh
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 11:19 AM
This

Quoting CoolRelax:

Accepting you have a problem is the first step.  Definitely get some support.  Good luck.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)