• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

racism on 16 and pathetic

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 10 Replies

I dont know if anyone posted about this. I searched, but did you guys see jordan's story??? My jaw was on the floor!!!

First off, the woman looked mixed not pure black.. on looking it up, Jordan herself tweeted that her mother is bi racial, white and black. Until Jordan mentioned her mom was black, i wouldnt have know it.. her mom looks alot like mine (she is native)

Not that that means a whole heck of alot, but most of her comments were racially charged.. and racially motivated. "you aint in no whaite person's house" REALLY?? and does this woman really THINK that white folk let their kids run around cursing and being disrespectful.?

It's really sad... on several levels.. Jordan herself tweeted that he mom is not racist, that she is biracial (like being biracial automatically exempts you from being a racist).. Think about it, her mom is white and black.. that means the she identifies strongly with the black side and has a negative view of her white side...

Makes you wonder .. why?? was she not acknowledged as a child by her white family?? treated harshly?? if that is the case, i am sad for her.. but hopefully, she realizes eventually, that as*hat loser parents know no color boundaries and get over the bitterness, its obviously eating her up if she can be THAT angry about it.

the 2nd thing is though I question her taste in well, boys, tyler is still a kid.. (and this tyler is OOOGGGLY.. but in my opinion) he actually seemed to be one of the good guys.. in just about all the 16 and pregnant shows the baby daddy is SO not supportive. He bought her an expensive crib, took her shopping, his family was there for Jordan from day one.  He was there from day one despite jordans moms dislike/disgust of him and his color.

Then, Jordan's mom plays her cards well... and jordan comes back..I dont know the entire history and this may sound racist as crap as well, but if i was a white boy that had been openly hated on, told not to step foot in the house, called names for over a year... this abrupt about face would be difficult for me.. one day the family is verbally scalping the poor kid, the next hes welcome with open arms... and keep in mine despite the fact that both these kkids are parents, he is still a kid

I guess what blows for me in the whole thing is that Finally, a baby daddy showed commitment despite great adversity, and the race thing got in the way... and not only that, jordan's mom could have put aside her own prejudices and GOT to know tyler.. how can she get to know a kid she refused to see speak to, or let in the house??? maybe this couple would have had a fighting chance.. both supportive parents, a dad committed.. so much for the happy ending :/

I am sure there is more to the story, and maybe /mtv made it seem more about race than it was, but pretty hard not to think that with the comments tht jordan's mom made.

sad sad sad

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 25, 2012 at 9:06 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 25, 2012 at 10:37 AM
That's sad.
casanderson1
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 10:45 AM
2 moms liked this
She definitely is mixed, her mom is not white. Jordan tweeted that she was white and her dad was black but she is not full white! She is definitely racist, those were some harsh comments. I feel bad for Tyler because he never stopped trying. I think MTV edited the show to make it look like he was bailing in the end. They kept saying he hasn't called and his parents were like what? And when he went over there he kept saying I didn't think you wanted me here. Not to mention her brothers chased after him, I bet they eyed him down everytime he was over there. No wonder he felt so uncomfortable over there.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 25, 2012 at 11:57 AM
2 moms liked this
We watched it last night. I haven't seen so disgusting in my life. Mom got what she wanted in the end and it is really sad.

Tyler got completely screwed in this. He wants to be a dad but they have made it as impossible as they can.

I feel horrible for the baby being raised in a house like that.
notjstanothrmom
by Ruby Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 12:02 PM
1 mom liked this

I just finished watching it actually.

I am sad that Tyler (the father) is being pushed out of his sons life just because he is white and not all that cute. Yes, Tyler should have gone to see Chase more but who is going to WANT to go to someones house where he is hated and constantly made fun of for something he has no control over? I wouldn't go either.

I hope that Jordan realizes that her mom is a master manipulator and doesn't let her son grow up without a father because it seems like he really wants to be but he feels he has no control. I hope he goes for partial custody at least and gets it.

I hate racist people.

hp2011
by Ruby Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 12:03 PM
1 mom liked this

I think that the mom is a bitch and if she had ONE IOTA of give a fuck about her daughter, she'd at least be civil with the father.

MOMMY2ACR
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 12:11 PM
1 mom liked this
It really disgusted me. Her mom got exactly what she wanted by making him feel so unwelcome and uncomfortable that he quit coming around. Who wants their teen daughter to raise a child on their own when they have the dad willing to help? And then her sons running after him after he said f them? That looked so trashy bc they were cussing at him before that. Jordans mom must be quite the perfect mom. Rolls eyes*
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Apr. 25, 2012 at 12:13 PM

unfortunatley, it has been my experience that is is considered ok for blacks to pull the race card. if white people pull the race card than its a big fuckin deal and not acceptable.

Either way its ridiculous.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 25, 2012 at 9:14 PM
It's a shame and who in the end is going to be hurt most by this.... Chase.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 25, 2012 at 9:15 PM
It was sad, when he said that:(

Quoting casanderson1:

She definitely is mixed, her mom is not white. Jordan tweeted that she was white and her dad was black but she is not full white! She is definitely racist, those were some harsh comments. I feel bad for Tyler because he never stopped trying. I think MTV edited the show to make it look like he was bailing in the end. They kept saying he hasn't called and his parents were like what? And when he went over there he kept saying I didn't think you wanted me here. Not to mention her brothers chased after him, I bet they eyed him down everytime he was over there. No wonder he felt so uncomfortable over there.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 25, 2012 at 9:17 PM
I could understand it if he was like some of the other fathers idseen on there, but he isn't... His entire focus was Jordan and how she'd feel

Quoting hp2011:

I think that the mom is a bitch and if she had ONE IOTA of give a fuck about her daughter, she'd at least be civil with the father.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)