Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Any *MEDICAL ASSISTANTS* in CafeLand??

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 15 Replies
If so, what state are you in, and if you don't mind answering, how much do you earn?

I am in school for Med Assisting, and I am learning back office, and BP right now.. I am def going to get all my certificats, and TRY and get a decent paying job.. But I'm wondering if my income will be enough to live on my own with my children.

Right now I live with my parents, and they plan on moving soon (after I graduate- and save up) and I desperately need to know what the yearly income is going to look like. And I'm wondering if I should go next year and earn my associates degree in Business Admin? Will it be worth it?

I live in South Florida- and I graduate in September
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 25, 2012 at 9:27 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 25, 2012 at 9:30 AM
Bump! Sorry its not a DRAMA post!!
Sweets27
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 9:30 AM
Look around for jobs online and get an idea. In Houston those jobs pay about 9-12 an hour maybe more or less. I had a friend that was getting paid 11.50 at a Dr's office. Depends on the location too. Good luck.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
muthrof_2
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 9:31 AM

I'm in Oklahoma! I just had my registration done a few weeks ago! I make 14.23 an hour plus benefits.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AirForceWife13
by Gold Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 9:33 AM
In arizona some MAs get 25 an hour. In TX you get about 10-11...I don't even use my MA because its not worth it. But I think it all depends on where you get a job at and your responsibilities.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ReadWriteLuv
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 9:35 AM

Thats the extreme high end of the spectrum, which suprises me in Oklahoma.

Here in my area it starts around $10 and caps off around $15. The MA's in the clinic I work in make $12-$14.

Quoting muthrof_2:

I'm in Oklahoma! I just had my registration done a few weeks ago! I make 14.23 an hour plus benefits.

muthrof_2
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 9:37 AM
I've been there 3 years, and am certified in phlebotomy. I work for a hospital not a drs office.

Quoting ReadWriteLuv:

Here in my area it starts around $10 and caps off around $15. The MA's in the clinic I work in make $12-$14.

Quoting muthrof_2:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 25, 2012 at 9:48 AM
I just finished up with EKG's, and I am taking phlebotomy in the next few classes, but I know they said to take a board exam? To be able to have a better chance of making more money? They also told me to try and get a job at the VA Hospital.

Quoting muthrof_2:

I've been there 3 years, and am certified in phlebotomy. I work for a hospital not a drs office.

Quoting ReadWriteLuv:

Quoting muthrof_2:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 25, 2012 at 9:50 AM
My hubby makes $17.56 an hour. texas
muthrof_2
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 9:59 AM
Yes ma'am. The more tests and lil classes or seminars u take the more ur qualified to do so u get paid more. After I did my test I got a 1$ raise.. isnt much, but its enough. Theres national and local conventions here that we can do and get point on our record for. I'm not sure who u take ur test thru but I did AMT and they have a lot of ways to gain points. If u stay current and up to date in the field u can do very well. :)

Quoting Anonymous:

I just finished up with EKG's, and I am taking phlebotomy in the next few classes, but I know they said to take a board exam? To be able to have a better chance of making more money? They also told me to try and get a job at the VA Hospital.

Quoting muthrof_2:

Quoting ReadWriteLuv:

Quoting muthrof_2:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SheciaBaby
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 10:00 AM
Im in school for it too! So bump!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)