Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Why does my not believing in the bible and church make me anyless than those who do?

Posted by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 9:48 AM
  • 48 Replies

I was dropping my son off at Daycare- love this daycare and love the lady who has watched my son since he was 8 weeks old(he is now 15months) They say a pray before they go have breakfast( I OK with it) I asked a simple question- If the child's family doesn't believe in it are the children forced to say the pray?

I was concerned due to the fact I believe we came from one cell organisms and not a story in a book that was written by man and now preach by men in varies different forms. I was saying religion is bad or that they shouldn't believe I just wanted to make sure my son would never be forced into saying something.

Now I am going to burn in hell and she can stop preaching to me- I am sad that she can not get past it and stop preaching. What would you do to stop the debate?

FYI- I've been through enough Hell on earth to give a shit if I burn after I am died for those who want to force it on me. Plus I like it HOT!

by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 9:48 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Kodysmommy928
by Platinum Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 9:51 AM
2 moms liked this

Find a secular daycare.

Hezzy1228
by Bronze Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 9:52 AM
I wish i knew. My dad was a preacher turned agnostic, me and my oldest brother are agnostic and my older brother is athiest. My mom believes and has her faith but she doesnt care in the end... But my grandparents love to tell me im going to hell lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
brettsmomma
by ~Tammie~ on Apr. 25, 2012 at 9:52 AM

I think that if you didn't believe you should have just let it go. Im not particularly religious but my babysitter taught my son a prayer to say at dinner. Now every night before we eat he asks us to hold hands while he says the prayer in the most serious tone ever. I allow it.

Since you opened the can of worms with her then tell her you have been thinking about it and move on! Its not a battle you need to fight with her. She will always have her faith. At this point its either tell her you converted or take your son elsewhere. I just dont see the need to lose someone you like watching your son over this. : good luck!!

Sunshine257
by Ruby Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 9:54 AM
1 mom liked this
It will die down just let it go and when she preaches just tell her it isn't something you believe and you wish not to discuss it anymore.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Apr. 25, 2012 at 9:55 AM
1 mom liked this
I would just tell her that if my son does not want to pray do not make him, or I will find someone new to watch my child and give money to.
stephanie647
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 9:56 AM
I wouldn't allow my son in a christian daycare, or one that has any prayer.
Perhaps find a secular daycare?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
louzannalady
by Gold Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 9:59 AM

Smh... I am so sorry. I am a Christian, but because I don't believe in the same brand of Christianity as my family (Southern Baptists and Pentecostals) I am going to heck in a hand basket for any number of reasons.... Really, if you find out how to get them to stop, let me know! They are slowing down, now that I have DS and they want to see him and I am clear that if they bash my faith ESPECIALLY in front of him- they will NEVER see us again!

nonnahsregah40
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 9:59 AM

I am OKwith him saying it if he wants- but I don't want him to be forced. I asked a simple question and she started the preaching and now wants to talk about. I want to let it go. If it does become a bigger issue I will change childcare and move on. I think answer a simple question without pushing your views would of been the proper thing to do and professional. My oldest who is 14 had a prayer pushed on her and she got punished for not wanting to participate- I wanted to make sure it didn't happen to him. That was the reason for the question. Thank you for your information. Have a nice day!

Quoting brettsmomma:

I think that if you didn't believe you should have just let it go. Im not particularly religious but my babysitter taught my son a prayer to say at dinner. Now every night before we eat he asks us to hold hands while he says the prayer in the most serious tone ever. I allow it.

Since you opened the can of worms with her then tell her you have been thinking about it and move on! Its not a battle you need to fight with her. She will always have her faith. At this point its either tell her you converted or take your son elsewhere. I just dont see the need to lose someone you like watching your son over this. : good luck!!

GirlWSlingshot
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 10:01 AM
I do believe, but I wouldn't put my child in a religious daycare that didn't match my beliefs.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
.Pagan.
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 10:03 AM
1 mom liked this

i always ask abt this BEFORE i put my child there. i don't believe that religion should be taught to my child by anyone but me until he is older unless I'm there when it is happening. saying the prayers would mean i wouldnot be sending my son there. if i were you id go ahead and start looking for a new school..now that the can of worms has been opened it cant be closed.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)