Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

i really need some of you to educate me.

Posted by   + Show Post

i have to firt ask that no one argue or quote and say why each other is wrong because this concerns the health of my newborn baby boy.

vacinations..... please help me..

i need to know why you don't or do or why you chose certain ones and not others. website for or against are welcome i would like to make my own decision but advice is much welcome.

again please please don't argue i really want information and i don't want to have to go through a bunch of posts of "you're stupid"  "bi#%& you don't know me" and crap like that. if you don't agree just ignore it and post why you did/didn't.  thank you guys sooo much.

by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 10:25 AM
Replies (51-60):
LaughCryLive
by Ruby Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 12:06 PM
3 moms liked this
I'm also a health care professional. I chose not to vax after reading many articles, studies, CDC, etc.
All you can do OP is read the information for youself and make your own decision.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gal409
by Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 12:12 PM

All I can say is I vaccinate.I was more scared of her getting something than from the shots them selves .My friend did not vaccinate her DD and when she was 4yr s she had meningitis and almost died  now she has seizures all the time  I can't tell you to or not to  , Good Luck 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 25, 2012 at 12:16 PM
I vaxed both children.
jmpj8107
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 12:19 PM

Please listen to your pediatrician.  Most of the antivax websites you'll find are simply anti-vaccine propaganda -- they are people's opinions and are neither scientifically tested nor supportable.

LaughCryLive
by Ruby Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 1:13 PM
You do realize that vaccines can cause seizures right?

Quoting gal409:

All I can say is I vaccinate.I was more scared of her getting something than from the shots them selves .My friend did not vaccinate her DD and when she was 4yr s she had meningitis and almost died  now she has seizures all the time  I can't tell you to or not to  , Good Luck 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
prettygirl326
by Gold Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 2:00 PM

yeah if you want to put your kids in daycare, they need their shots, and even in public school, they need shot records. and i am only 27. as a kid, i can remember the SAME shots that i was getting then, my child is getting now. and just because the diseases were declined before vaccinations were introduced does not mean that they were extinct. and if enough people refuse to vax, those diseases can come back again...they already have.  

Quoting danie24:

You don't have to be vaccinated to attend public school.

The diseases we vax against were already on a steady decline long before vaccines were introduced.

And you haven't been vaccinated with most of what our children are now vaccinated for.

Quoting prettygirl326:

i vax my baby with no problems...i don't care what a study says. we all have been vaxed and some of the preventable diseases have ceased to exist because of that. i want to keep it that way. plus we plan on putting her in public school one day, so she will need it.

kiralyn
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 2:13 PM

I know bits and pieces about why people chose not to vaccinate, because many of my friends do not vaccinate their kids. My daughter (1st child) couldn't be vaccinated until she was 4, because she had a bone marrow transplant at 6 mos and 1 year. Because of that experience, I'm choosing to wait to vaccinate my son until he is 3 or 4 too. I liked the fact that my daughter could communicate with me, tell me how she was feeling. I can't imagine having a baby who COULD potentially have some sort of reaction that isn't noticeable to me, being unable to tell me about it. I breastfeed, and will until at least 2, so I feel safe knowing my son is recieving anti-bodies from me. My daughter was on immune suppresion drugs for her first 4 years, and never worried about her contracting any disease that is vaccinated against, versus any other disease out there. 

Makynzies_Mommy
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 2:29 PM
As I said I read all of the facts...I didnt say she was 100% protected, nor did I say she is immune to anything.....I am just doing all that I can to protect her.

Quoting LaughCryLive:

This is a misconception. Just because you vax doesn't mean she will be immune. I've gotten the MMR shot 3X and I still do not have immunity to the mumps. Plus there are risks involved in vaxing. It lists the side effects. So nothing (vaxing or not vaxing) is 100% protected.

Quoting Makynzies_Mommy:

WWW.cdc.gov

They have everything you need to know about all vacs. Good luck mama!

I have read the facts and I personally completly vax my dd...I want her to be fully protected.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MrCruzito
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 2:30 PM

GET HIM ALL OF HIS VACCINATIONS!

Maevelyn
by Gold Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 2:40 PM

For me it was always important to know how long the vaccine had been around and the relative seriousness of the illness. Things like Hep for example can be devistating but the HPV vac, which is interesting hasn't been around long enough IMO (you won't have to worry about that one for a while.) My cousine is a doctor and he always is really sad when a child comes into the ER with a life threatening but preventable illness bc the parents don't vac. He had one child die from the mumps and another from the German Measles and he was really upset. I did get the MMR which prevents both of those. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)