• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

SO wants to join AF. WWYD? EDIT*

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 19 Replies
SO (32 yrs old & healthy as a horse) missed his chance to join the Air Force as a young adult. He has been asking recently "what would you think of me joining?" IDK if he's serious, or just trying to figure out if I'd actually let him.we have one child & life is great. My big thing is moving if he joins & gets stationed in another state. I don't want to lose our house. Both he & I worked our asses off for it, but we can't afford to keep it if we have to move around a lot. There's also the issue of leaving family. I have never lived more than one city over from my family & they would shit bricks if i moved to another state. SO was a military kid, & he loved it. I don't want to crush his dreams, but man... It just makes me so nervous. What would you do?

Edit: Thanks for all your help! I think reserves would be the way to go! I talked to him & he likes the idea! Yay!
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 25, 2012 at 10:39 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jb0520
by Platinum Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 10:40 AM
Your font is too small, sorry
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 25, 2012 at 10:44 AM
1 mom liked this
Sorry to say this but I highly doubt he gets in. Af is really really overmanned right now. You have to be perfect weight, perfect credit, perfect health. Even then they are kicking people out right and left. Not saying it won't happen just saying af is really tight about it right now.
NDADanceMom
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 10:46 AM

Let him.  They wont take him anyway.  hes too old and has a family.  They are making cutbacks. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 25, 2012 at 11:14 AM
Well, I feel a bit relieved...maybe he'll have another dream I can help him reach, since he's helping with mine...

Quoting NDADanceMom:

Let him.  They wont take him anyway.  hes too old and has a family.  They are making cutbacks. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 25, 2012 at 11:15 AM
My anon font isn't suppose to look like that...ugh...stupid mobile. It is too small...I'll fix it next laptop check.

Quoting jb0520:

Your font is too small, sorry
jonellg
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 11:17 AM

I'm an AF veteran and it was awesome. But if I was your DH I would feel I was too old, 20 year old would out rank him it would be odd.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 25, 2012 at 11:18 AM
He may be too old. Does he have any degrees? Without them I honestly say he has a 30% chance to actually join. He needs to talk to a recruiter, but remember alot of recruiters will blow smoke up his ass to get him to join.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 25, 2012 at 11:48 AM
He does, but he doesn't use it. It just hangs on the wall & collects dust. 5 years for a darn dust/cobweb collector...Ugh...

Quoting Anonymous:

He may be too old. Does he have any degrees? Without them I honestly say he has a 30% chance to actually join. He needs to talk to a recruiter, but remember alot of recruiters will blow smoke up his ass to get him to join.
kemmerer411
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 11:49 AM
1 mom liked this
I can't read it. Font is to small.

But I totally thought you meant "Aunt Flo" haha.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Apr. 25, 2012 at 11:50 AM
What about joining the Reserves?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)