• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you?

Posted by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 10:43 AM
  • 6 Replies

Save any money for emergencies, retirement, etc?

I dont want to know how much you save, just IF you save anything at all.

I understand that times are tough for some and that its not easy to save so Im not bashing you. Just curious is all. And if you are in a situation that is tough, is it completely impossible to save even $5 a week?

by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 10:43 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Apr. 25, 2012 at 10:45 AM
Right now we try to save as much as we can. And thank goodness we're able to save a decent amount
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 25, 2012 at 10:46 AM
No, I have no extra money to spare.
liz.1986
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 10:47 AM

Yes, we try. But it seems like we everytime we get a good amount saved up something breaks or an emergency happens and it goes right out the window.

NichelleB07
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 10:54 AM

Yes. We have a rainy day jar and a savings account that we pretend doesn't exist (no cards/bank is an hour away etc). We transfer what we can every two weeks into it. We also have a thrift savings plan - it is automatically taken from my husbands paycheck and my husband is retiring military so we will receive a monthly check/medical etc. After I finish my bachelors and start my career, I will start another retirement savings.

louzannalady
by Gold Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 10:57 AM

It is very tough sometimes. But, we are trying to get into the habit. Even $10 a week will cover a month of rent at the end of a year. That is $520 and a roof over our head in an emergency. We can afford it (and to save more), but it is just getting into the habit. 

la_bella_vita
by Mrs. Tennant on Apr. 25, 2012 at 2:21 PM

Yes

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)