Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

becoming a doula??

Posted by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 10:54 AM
  • 4 Replies

i'm a sahm, i'm considering becoming a doula, what are your opinions?? is it a stable enough career to help provide for my family?? we don't live on our own we live with my grandparents, they have a finished basement 2 bedrooms, kitchen and living room so it's basically an apartment, i stay home becuase when my son was first born it was cheaper to stay home than put him in daycare. i am planning on staying home a while longer because i think it's helping my son develop so much faster and i think we have a closer bond (not saying working moms can't have the same bond, it's just what's working the best for me) is it enough that i can contribute enough money when me and my husband get our own house??

by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 10:54 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
mrshagedorn5711
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 11:08 AM

???????

ToriBabe1221
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 11:09 AM
Depends... It won't be at first, you have to build your clientele. But if you are good, and make a name for yourself and there is demand where you live, I think you could make it work
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
allicat09
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 11:10 AM
bump i have no idea
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
notjstanothrmom
by Ruby Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 11:10 AM

I think it's a great thing. It's very easy and inexpensive to get your qualifications... but I do not think it's something that will get you a ton of clients and provide a stable income unless you can somehow get the word out to enough people. Generally doulas are found by word of mouth and directories online but there are a lot and people will pay more for an experienced doula so there is some working and building that goes on and even then you're probably not likely to make a TON of money, at least not in my area, but it may be different in larger cities.

Good luck!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)