Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm sick of my neighbors! a little long!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 7 Replies

So a little background, I am a sahm of 4 kids,  my dh works nights so i'm on my own most afternoons and evenings which is fine, I can handle it.  After the older kids get home from school I let them play outside in the yard if all their chores and homework is done.  My kids are 6, 11, and 12 and I let them play outside by themselves with the older ones watching the ds 6.  I check on them often,  but I have things that need done inside also.  

Our next door neighbors have one child,  and her father feels the need to give me advice about how to take care of my children.  He says they shouldn't be outside alone and I must be being lazy not coming out with them all the time.  Excuse but he has no idea what it is like to take care of more than one child.  I cook them real meals mostly from scratch,  I nurse my 1 year old,  and I keep the house cleaned up after they get home.  He takes care of one child and feeds her only fast food and crap you can put in the microwave,  now I can care less how he raises his child but don't tell me how to take care of my kids when you barely take care of yours.

What do you ladies think,  is it ok to have your kids outside by themselves once in a while,  I do go out a nd spend time with them out there too, the baby love the fresh air also, but if it's a nice day,I would rather they be out being active then stuck in on the couch.  We live in a safe rural neighborhood and they all know the rules about not talking to strangers and my ds 6 is never out alone.

I just don't see the big deal,  but I had to vent or I'm going to wind up kicking him the face!

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 25, 2012 at 11:09 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
TraceyMR
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 11:12 AM

I don't trust my neighborhood so I wouldn't let my dd go out alone, however when we move I will. The guy needs to stfu.

southernpixie
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 11:12 AM

I think your kids are old enough to be outside by themselves.  It's not like they're 2.  Tell the dude to mind his own business!

MommyAnnaBanana
by Platinum Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 11:14 AM
He really needs to shut his mouth.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jjamom
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 11:19 AM
I think it's absurd that he doesn't feel your kids are old enough to be outside alone, especially the 11 and 12 year old. He must be overprotective with his own child.

I encourage my 11 and 14 year olds to get outside as often as possible, weather permitting. My youngest has special needs and is 6 and tends to wander, so I don't let him out alone, only if myself, DH or occasionally for a short period with my 14 year old, but that is because he has special needs. We have a 6 year old in the neighborhood who plays outside with other kids.

I'd ignore him or tell him to mind his own damn business!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 25, 2012 at 11:29 AM

Bump

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 25, 2012 at 11:44 AM
I love only one child parents. They are so clueless. Tell him thanks, but you don't need parenting advice from him.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mrz.Anaya
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 11:46 AM
My 5 & 6 yr old play in the backyard by themselves but not in the front and i go outside with my 3 yr old back or front.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)