Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Theft or Rape?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 20 Replies

Man Accused of Raping 4 Prostitutes in Pontiac

Updated: Monday, 23 Apr 2012, 10:56 PM EDT
Published : Monday, 23 Apr 2012, 10:56 PM EDT

PONTIAC, Mich. (WJBK) -- Mark Anthony Johnson is accused of raping four women, all prostitutes, in Pontiac.At first, some of them didn't want to come forward because they believed that no one would care, but they were wrong.

"Once he had got me and several of my friends, I realized he wasn't going to stop," said "Savannah".

The 28-year-old is a prostitute. She works the Baldwin Road corridor in Pontiac. Her day-to-day life is scary enough, but she said Johnson made it a nightmare.

Savannah said it first happened about two months ago.

"I got in this car and I didn't think anything of it. He was really nice."

However, Savannah said she soon realized Johnson was no customer. He was a rapist.

"He was like, you know, you're going to basically do this or I'm going to make you, and we went to this abandoned apartment complex and he raped me."

Savannah said a month later he came back. She didn't recognize his car until it was too late.

"I already got in the car and I looked over at him and I went to go get out and he sped up, going real fast down Baldwin."

She said he raped her again and she's not the only victim.

"He took all the girls to the east side and he took them all to the same apartment, and then, when he picked me up again, I went to the cops right after that."

Savannah thought police would ignore the rapes because the victims were prostitutes, but that wasn't the case.

"Detectives were out here for about the last week and they were picking us up and they weren't worried about the drugs or anything like that. They just wanted to know where this guy was."

The Oakland County Sheriff's Office along with the DEA arrested Johnson on Friday. It turns out he already has a lengthy rap sheet. In 1994, he was convicted of armed robbery and is currently on parole, but now he's back behind bars, and that's exactly where Savannah said he belongs.

"I'm glad he's gone. I hope they don't let him out for a long time."

Johnson is being held in the Oakland County Jail without bond. 

lol seriously though if they are going to arrest this guy for rape they should arrest the hoes for hooking.

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 25, 2012 at 11:18 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jonellg
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 11:20 AM

hmmm this is a tough one. You CAN rape a hooker, but she got in his car and planned to have sex with him for money. So I really don't know.

echoishername
by Misty on Apr. 25, 2012 at 11:22 AM
1 mom liked this

I'm not sure what your title question is asking. And quite frankly, I'm glad they let the lesser of two evils go. I would rather the rapist be the priority.

mantyangel
by Platinum Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 11:22 AM

Rape is not about sex.  Even though prostitution is sad and wrong, they give their consent on every occation.  Prostitutes don't cry rape if the guy just refuses to pay.  I am glad this guy is being charged and taken off the street.  This guy is dangerous to all women.

Meghan1987
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 11:22 AM
Just cause their prostitutes doesn't mean they don't have rights. They can say no I don't want to do that. And if he makes them do what they don't want to do it's rape.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 25, 2012 at 11:23 AM
It is rape. Any sexual act that becomes unconsenual, at ANY point is either rape or sexual battery. Even if the victim is a prostitute.
echoishername
by Misty on Apr. 25, 2012 at 11:24 AM

Imo, money has nothing to do with it. This is like saying that any woman, who changes her mind, deserves it. It doesn't matter, even if they had started, she has the right to change her mind and be respected.

Quoting jonellg:

hmmm this is a tough one. You CAN rape a hooker, but she got in his car and planned to have sex with him for money. So I really don't know.

EmilyMarshall
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 11:24 AM
bump

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 25, 2012 at 11:24 AM

Rape is rape, she may be a hooker but it doesn't make what he done to her right.

bowribbonmama
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 11:24 AM

Rape. It doesn't matter if he got into his car with intentions of having sex with him him or not. Once she expresses her wishes to stop and he doesn't it is rape!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 25, 2012 at 11:25 AM

but is it really rape? the way they make it sound she got in the car and he said you are going to have sex with me and didn't pay her. sounds more like shoplifting to me. personally i think if they are going to arrest him they need to arrest the hoes too. 

Quoting echoishername:

I'm not sure what your title question is asking. And quite frankly, I'm glad they let the lesser of two evils go. I would rather the rapist be the priority.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)