• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Getting Divorced 1 year later,why do you even get married?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 22 Replies

Why do people get married to only get divorced a year later? I have two friends who are twins and 21,both got married,and both got divorced. It seems pointless to get married if you only get a divorce a while later.

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 25, 2012 at 11:31 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
m3lissa_16
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 11:34 AM
5 moms liked this

I am pretty sure people don't get married only with the intention of getting divorced.

super_mom_5
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 11:35 AM
I believe a lot of people are rushing in to important things in life or in denial about the bad. So when the short year is up they realize they shouldn't have done such a thing. Or give up too easy and don't want to attempt work things out. A relationship won't work unless both people work 50/50 together.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sarina.c.c
by Reen on Apr. 25, 2012 at 11:36 AM

Shit happens

nrcklove
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 11:36 AM
1 mom liked this

i know someone who got married and was divorced 3 months later....asked the guy why he went thru with the marriage if he wasnt happy in the first place and he said he thought things would change after the wedding!! PEOPLE marriage does change a relationship especially if there were problems and issues to start

Chuckydoodle
by Gold Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 11:39 AM

I believe that marriage acts as sort of a bandaid to the younger crowd, It is a way to grow up quickly, get out of a bad living environment, keep that man in their lives and so forth. But time quickly unfolds and when it isn't right it blows up quickly. 

jmg4211
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 11:39 AM

stuff happens. I'm sure they didn't plan on it. Marriage can change somebody

iluv2meow
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 11:40 AM

mjaybe if people put their damn marriage first divorce wouldnt happen

mama_2_jasper
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 11:41 AM
We got married and almost got divorced 3 months later. We are still together and working things out though.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 25, 2012 at 11:43 AM
You can't see what is going to happen in the future

I married bc I was happy and in love. In love with the man I THOUGHT I knew.

He switched. Became mean, jealous, and began treating my children horribly.

I divorced him 11 months after, because I chose my childrens well being over my own.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bgrace
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 11:52 AM
How incredibly ignorant of you. People dont marry with the intention or thought of divorce, but situations/people change every day. What about the wife that just got hit for the first time? Should she hold off on divorce because she doesnt meet your one year standard?
Some people can do a DAMN good job on hiding who they really are until they have you where they want you and they know they can get comfortable.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)