Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What would you do?

Posted by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 11:45 AM
  • 2 Replies

I need some advice.  I have a daughter named Emily who will be 2 in about 2 1/2 months.  Emily has just recently started walking and she talks but she doesn't say a whole lot.  Now before everyone jumps in saying that I need to have her evaluated she was born 2 months early.  Anyway, when it comes time for her to start school, I am thinking about holding her back and letting her go when Katelynn starts which will be in four years for Katelynn.  Would you do this?   Now I am also going to consider how she progresses within the next couple of years to see how she is doing too. I am just wanting some advice. I do work with Emily several times a day on her speech and walking.  I guess that I want to do more for her than what my mom did for me when I was little. 

by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 11:45 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
GirlWSlingshot
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 11:47 AM
Have you had her evaluated though? I thought by age two that most kids born that premature had caught up. I know not every child is on the same timeline, but that would trouble me.

Eta, I would think that being held back to match a younger sibling would be frustrating.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
-Chaotic-
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 11:48 AM
Early intervention. They usually encourage children with delays to enter preschool at an early age do they can get help and catch up to their age group. My son got an Iep and went to preschool at 3 with other 3 year olds, some delayed, some average and bright as well.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)