Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I think my dogs in labor UPDATE Pic pg 8 New Update

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 92 Replies
She's been panting, whimpering and crying. Her belly get really hard and she will shake and cry. She's also very uncomfortable and will keep digging in the blankets. I'm so nervous.

Update

So far we have 2 puppies not to sure if anymore are comeing. With the first pup we had to open her sack and run him to get him to breathe. It was very scary because I saw the pup struggling to breathe IN the sack and once I ripped it open he stopped moving. I eventually was able to get him to breathe.

I even had to cut the cord as well.

Mama "Pig" (her name is penny but we call he piggy or pig since she looks like one. Lol) wants nothing to do with the puppies she refuses to even lay by them to keep them warm. So I've put warm water bottles around the pups. I'm trying my best and hope mama Pig steps in soon.

We're still waiting to see if anymore pups come out.

Thank you again for all your ladies help and support don't know what I would have done without you guys.

And yes she will be fix as soon as we do a check up with the pups.

Update

Awe we have 5 beautiful puppies and Mamas doing well! :) so happy she made it through this!!
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 25, 2012 at 11:45 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 25, 2012 at 11:52 AM
Bump!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 25, 2012 at 7:25 PM
Still no puppies yet.
GirlWSlingshot
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 7:25 PM
1 mom liked this
Please please please get her fixed asap. I hope all goes well.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wodntulk2kno1
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 7:26 PM
Just stay by her and comfort her
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 25, 2012 at 7:29 PM
1 mom liked this
Oh we plan to. This was all a mistake. It wasn't ment to happen but unfortunately it did. :( After the pups are born we have a vet appointment for a check up and when to schedule her to be fixed.

Quoting GirlWSlingshot:

GirlWSlingshot
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 7:34 PM
I understand that sometimes things happen. I hope she does well through the delivery. *fingers crossed*

Quoting Anonymous:

Oh we plan to. This was all a mistake. It wasn't ment to happen but unfortunately it did. :( After the pups are born we have a vet appointment for a check up and when to schedule her to be fixed.

Quoting GirlWSlingshot:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
3_girls_86
by Ruby Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 7:36 PM
When my dog was in labor I had to rub her belly to make her actually have the puppies. I hope everything goes smoothly for her.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 25, 2012 at 7:38 PM
Thank you! I hope her and her puppies make it through ok, she's a small dog so it scared me. :((

Quoting GirlWSlingshot:

I understand that sometimes things happen. I hope she does well through the delivery. *fingers crossed*

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting GirlWSlingshot:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 25, 2012 at 7:40 PM
That's what I've been doing to it seems to calms her and I run her back as well. She cries and whimpers when we leave her alone. I've never seen or had a dog that was pregnant before so I'm scared and nervous.

How long was your pup in labor before she started to actually give birth?

Quoting 3_girls_86:

When my dog was in labor I had to rub her belly to make her actually have the puppies. I hope everything goes smoothly for her.

GirlWSlingshot
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 7:41 PM
The best thing you can do is stay with her and be a soothing presence. Remember that dogs generally know what to do, or at least their instincts take over. I'm sure it will be ok.

Quoting Anonymous:

Thank you! I hope her and her puppies make it through ok, she's a small dog so it scared me. :((

Quoting GirlWSlingshot:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting GirlWSlingshot:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)