Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Outrageous arrest of father!!! You are NOT a CRIMINAL if you are NOT a helicopter parent!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 221 Replies

This is SO wrong!  This father needed to take care of some errands, so he left his nine year old son in charge of his six year old sister at a park in a suburban community.  Someone called the police when they saw the kids without any supervision.  The police arrived and waited for the father to return and then arrested the father!  The father is now being charged with two counts of child endangerment!  How sad we've gotten to a place in our society where you are a CRIMINAL if you ARE NOT a HELICOPTER parent!!!  Cut the umbilical cord parents, otherwise you're raising kids who will never grow up to be independent self-reliant and eager to explore their world!

Police Say Dad Left Kids at Park To Shower

Police say a father left his two young children alone at Scott Park for nearly two hours Saturday to shower at LA Fitness.

Police say a father left his two children alone at Scott Park while shopping at Walmart and showering at LA Fitness.

Govindaraj Narayanasamy, 38, of Scott, was charged with two counts of child endangerment after township police said he left the 6-year-old girl and 9-year-old boy alone in the park for nearly two hours Saturday.

Officers were called to Scott Park at around 12:30 p.m. Saturday from a person who noticed the two children playing on the swings and slides alone without a guardian. The woman told police she had been keeping an eye on them for an hour because she knew the girl and became concerned.

Police officers were able to get Narayanasamy’s phone number and called him as he was driving back to the park. He arrived shortly after 1 p.m. and told officers he left the children only briefly while going to shop for snacks at Walmart in Raceway Plaza and shower at the LA Fitness in Great Southern Shopping Center.

Narayanasamy estimated he had only been gone for about 45 minutes, but the investigation revealed that he likely left the kids alone for nearly two hours, according to court records.

Police said Narayanasamy told officers he went to LA Fitness to shower after playing tennis at the park.

The county's Office of Children, Youth and Families is also investigating the incident.

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 25, 2012 at 11:54 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 25, 2012 at 11:55 AM
15 moms liked this
I'm sorry, but I would never leave kids that age alone in a park for two hours.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 25, 2012 at 11:57 AM

usmc.momma
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 11:57 AM
12 moms liked this
He was rightly arrested. Those children are too young to have been left alone. I'm not a helicopter parent but come on people... Common sense!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ChrissyReznor
by Ruby Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 11:57 AM
1 mom liked this

9 yrs old is WAY too young to be responsible for themselves and especially another kid.

delilahsmom1177
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 11:58 AM
2 moms liked this

Are you serious those kids could have been kid napped or like my FOUR year old said they could have gotten hit by a car(there are parking lots at parks) You seriously think this guy was right?

I'm a tattooed,bisexual,pro-choice,pro-legalizing marijuana,pro-gay marriage,anti-war,non-vaxing,tree hugging,animal loving,book reading,animal testing free,depression battling, trying to raise a free spirit and letting her be who she is,fighting for equal rights at the same time,don't like it get over it.

usmcwife.mommy2
7 moms liked this
If I remember right when I was 9 I was at the park with my 7yr old brother without my parents. We just had to be home at a certain time
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Simple-Beauty
by Gold Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 11:58 AM
!!!

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm sorry, but I would never leave kids that age alone in a park for two hours.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
..guesswho..
Yep.

Quoting usmc.momma:

He was rightly arrested. Those children are too young to have been left alone. I'm not a helicopter parent but come on people... Common sense!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kodysmommy928
by Platinum Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 11:58 AM

What he did was criminal.  He should have been arrested.

celestegood
by Ruby Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 12:00 PM
2 moms liked this

I wouldn't do it but he shouldn't be arrested for it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)