Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

YES, I LEAVE MY KIDS IN THE CAR. MIND YOUR OWN D--N BUSINESS!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 500 Replies
5 moms liked this

A few minutes ago I ran out to get my youngest some diapers at publix. I have a toddler (17 months) and a newborn. I grabbed a shopping cart and ofcourse I took them with me (duh). But on the way home I was almost about to run out of gas so I stopped at a gas station to pump gas when I realized I only brought cash I pulled into the pump closest to the door (about 15 feet away) and I open the sunroof and walk inside to pay for my gas. I guess I slammed the car door and woke up the 5 week old and she started crying just as I was getting to the door. I was only in the store for  20 seconds when I see a woman walk to my car and yank on the handle and the car alarm starts going off. So ofcourse I run to my car and ask her what the hell she is doing. She gives me this speech about how it is illegal to leave your child unattended and how she should call the police blah,blah etc. I told her while I appreciate her concern, I am only paying for gas and it is none of her damn business as I am NOT leaving my kid unattended and there are within my view, which is whi I SAW her trying to open my door. I also told her that she is lucky I did not kick the ever loving sh_t out of her for trying to get into my car.  I have NEVER seen anyone walk into the gas station carrying a carseat unless they are running to the restroom or something. So although everyone CLAIMS they have never left their child(ren) in the car, I am pretty sure that is not true. Would you have carried both children into the gas station to pay for gas?

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 25, 2012 at 12:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kathislove80
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 12:07 PM
6 moms liked this
I rarely pump my own gas and if I do I never carry cash, always have my credit card. I would be too paranoid to leave my son in the car, honestly.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Tea4Tas
by Ruby Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 12:08 PM
8 moms liked this

I have four children and have never once left them in a car to pay for gas. EVER.  I carried a Mr. gas credit card in my ashtray-he lives there, so I always can pay for my gas with no need to go inside.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 25, 2012 at 12:09 PM
45 moms liked this

Parents these days are HYSTERICAL about EVERYTHING!!!!!!  Its ridiculous.  As long as they were in eye shot, and you had the doors locked and the windows cracked, its no biggie.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 25, 2012 at 12:10 PM
1 mom liked this
No I wouldn't have.
I always leave the kids in the car while I run in to grab a pop, or them a hotdog, or to pay for gas if I don't use my card. I also pull right up to the front door.
I lock the doors take my keys and the kids know not to unlock the door for anyone.
I don't leave them in the car if I go into the grocery store or anything.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 25, 2012 at 12:11 PM
10 moms liked this

Yes, I sure would take my kids in with me. I'm not going to leave my kids in a car alone. That is how kids come up missing or CPS gets called on you. Thank GOD for NOSEY people sometimes!

OMG, I missed spelled a word. How did that happen? I better correct it! LMAO

bmw29
by spitfire_bobbie on Apr. 25, 2012 at 12:11 PM
2 moms liked this
I sometimes leave my son in the car now but he's almost 11. When he was little I never did. I didn't take in the carseat but Ibdid take him in.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
IncognitoOne
by Platinum Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 12:11 PM
4 moms liked this

I have NEVER left my kids in the car alone while out. Even when walking in just to pay for gas....they go with me. I've had people I have known for years offer to stand by the car with them and I'm just more comfortable taking them in with me.

I have at home if I've left something in the house and I'm running in to grab it....but I won't do that now that my oldest knows how to unbuckle, because he knows how to start cars and that worries me too much.

fallenangel7386
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 12:11 PM
3 moms liked this

I have never left my son alone in the car. when he was a newborn I just took him out of his seat with me. Even though you could see the car, it was still away and someone could have take your kids.... even with the alarm going off.

Too many bad people in this world to even chance it...

Jennyanne322
by Platinum Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 12:11 PM
3 moms liked this
I do what you did all the time to pay for gas. It's 10-15cents cheaper paying cash so I always try to pay cash. Almost none of the gas stations by me pump gas for you. So I have no choice.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
marie85
by Gold Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 12:12 PM
4 moms liked this

Get a debit card.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured