Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you think alcohol/ cigarettes should be legal?

Posted by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 12:45 PM
  • 59 Replies

On the opposing side, if you think they should be ILLEGAL, why do you?

I am asking as a neutral person (gathering data for a project lol)

Consider health side affects, and other drugs that are illegal for similar side affects/ addictive qualities.

ARGUE AWAY!! :P

by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 12:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
USCmomax4
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 12:46 PM
They are legal, at 18 and 21.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sweetcherry_59
by Bronze Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 12:47 PM
1 mom liked this
No, I do not think they should be illegal. I don't need the government to tell me as a grown adult what I can and can't do with my own body.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LouieBoo
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 12:47 PM

Yes, this I know to be true lol.

I am asking how many think they should be illegal. Sorry, I could have worded that better. I am TIRED.

Quoting USCmomax4:

They are legal, at a certain age!

LouieBoo
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 12:48 PM

Just for the sake or argument, do you think ALL drugs should be legal?

Quoting sweetcherry_59:

No, I do not think they should be illegal. I don't need the government to tell me as a grown adult what I can and can't do with my own body.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 25, 2012 at 12:49 PM

Alcohol, even though i enjoy it, should be illegal. Alcohol kills so many people in so many ways, murder, driving, alcohol poisoning, it ruins lifes and is highly addicting.

Pot should be legal on the other hand....  everyone would be too lazy to fight or to drive, and i dont think you can overdose on pot. and go to any rehab center im sure there are hundreds of people there for alchohol. there wont be any for pot.

USCmomax4
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 12:50 PM
Lol.. tired too! :)

Quoting LouieBoo:

Yes, this I know to be true lol.

I am asking how many think they should be illegal. Sorry, I could have worded that better. I am TIRED.

Quoting USCmomax4:

They are legal, at a certain age!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SarahLizyB
by Gold Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 12:51 PM
Alcohol should not be legal. I've seen first hand what it does to people.
mom2four1978
by Silver Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 12:51 PM
1 mom liked this

Alcohol has been illegal before. It didn't work out so well. Crime actually rose and the women who started the campaign to make it illegal in the first place had to issue and apology.

LouieBoo
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 12:52 PM
1 mom liked this

If everyones too lazy to drive, what would happen to our society? lol

Quoting Anonymous:

Alcohol, even though i enjoy it, should be illegal. Alcohol kills so many people in so many ways, murder, driving, alcohol poisoning, it ruins lifes and is highly addicting.

Pot should be legal on the other hand....  everyone would be too lazy to fight or to drive, and i dont think you can overdose on pot. and go to any rehab center im sure there are hundreds of people there for alchohol. there wont be any for pot.

xomrsweaver
by Gold Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 12:55 PM

Eh...i don't smoke or drink and I probably never will now being a parent. I don't thnk it should be illegal(only because people should chose for themselves if they are going to be responsible or not), but I don't think it should ever be used around children regardless of if they are sleeping or not. I have been woken up more times than I can count by my children, so the excuse that they are fast asleep is completely irrelevant to me. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)