Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I might have cancer and if I do, I'm refusing treatment. update on page 15 or 16.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 162 Replies
I'm waiting for the results. I don't want to go through chemo or radiation. I don't want to suffer for months or years and there be no guarantee I'll live. I do have young children and if I die they will be taken care of. I know it sounds selfish but I watched people go through cancer treatment and I don't want to go through it.
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 25, 2012 at 12:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 25, 2012 at 12:53 PM
I have always thought cancer treatment kills people faster, and takes away any quality of life. Good for you.
Ladybug8412
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 12:53 PM

Hugs, momma!  If I found out I had cancer, I'd to refuse treatment.

iluv2meow
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 12:53 PM
1 mom liked this

I hope you dont have cancer no one deserves to die with cancer.

Jennifer_57
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 12:54 PM
1 mom liked this
Baking soda can cure some cancers... Should research it
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 25, 2012 at 12:54 PM
16 moms liked this
Kind of depends what kind and what stage. If you refuse treatment for, say, stage 1 breast cancer, you're an idiot.
Lachrymose
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 12:55 PM

I've considered this too.. it's also the financial side of it that gets me thinking that way.. I don't want to put my family into (further) debt..

LaughCryLive
by Emerald Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 12:55 PM
1 mom liked this
Try a low sugar diet (like paleo) and there are many homeopathic treatments. That being said it really depends on what type of cancer. A lot of cancer nowadays has a very high cure rate if caught in time.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 25, 2012 at 12:56 PM
It's in my liver.

Quoting Anonymous:

Kind of depends what kind and what stage. If you refuse treatment for, say, stage 1 breast cancer, you're an idiot.

babiegurl47
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 12:56 PM

My grandma refused chemo and ended up living almost 20 more yrs so I agree not to do it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Apr. 25, 2012 at 12:58 PM
My aunt went through it all to try and live longer. She lost 80lbs and her last 2 months 1 was spent in a wheel chair, the last was spent in a hospital bed. It gave her an extra 9 months...of suffering and pain :'(.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)