• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Obese Children!

Posted by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 1:05 PM
  • 92 Replies

Bash away if you must but

the other day i was at the flea market and i saw women EVERYWHERE with obese children!!!!

Ok first off one little girl was 3ish and very obese could hardly walk right! ANyways her mom was pooring a whole bottle of soda into her bottle!!! then the mom pulls out a big bag of candy and hands it to her daughter.

That pissed me off ok its your child your choice thats fine BUT thoes poor poor kids they dont have a real choice right now and they are going to have to deal with all of this when they are bigger like weight issues health issues even more!!! This is why America is obese!

by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 1:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
eastcoastmama11
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 1:08 PM
Yeah. Honestly, not being educated or not caring about you child's health is so sad to me. Poor kids don't even have a chance to develop healthy habits :(.

Anyway, the 3 year old had a bottle?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Apr. 25, 2012 at 1:10 PM
My daughter will be 3 in september. Ok shes 42 inches an 41 lbs! Do you consider that "obese"? She loves to eat chicken an greenbeans! If its her choice she would eat bananas an greenbeans only everyday all day! Her father an i are both over 6'0 i've always been heavy not "obese" im talkin 6'2 220 thats very regular for my hight!
Xat
by Gold Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 1:11 PM
1 mom liked this

I try not to judge when I see children that are overweight but I have seen some cases like the one you are talking about. I have seen parents take their kids out to eat and the first thing the child gets is ice cream because that is what they want. I think that is sad for the child because he or she isn't being taught how to eat healthy.

misswitch93
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 1:12 PM
1 mom liked this
I see it all the time. Obesed parents, obesed kids. Such a vicious/ unhealthy cycle
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 25, 2012 at 1:13 PM
Quoting Anonymous:

My daughter will be 3 in september. Ok shes 42 inches an 41 lbs! Do you consider that "obese"? She loves to eat chicken an greenbeans! If its her choice she would eat bananas an greenbeans only everyday all day! Her father an i are both over 6'0 i've always been heavy not "obese" im talkin 6'2 220 thats very regular for my hight!

My kid is over twice her age, four inches taller, and six pounds lighter.
takeitall13
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 1:13 PM

i agree, so sad.  there really are kids who are obese because of health problems and then there are 95% or MORE who are obese because of poor parenting.. one thing dh and i agree on is NO soda, period.  until they're around 6 and by then it will be a treat that happens occassionally.  my MIL sends us suckers and stuff for our 23 m old and we give them away, she KNOWS we don't let ds eat that crap so WHY send it?  and then she jokes about it, its not funny- I had a weight problem and don't want my kids to have one and they don't need to eat like that.. for easter we did grahm crackers and cereal in easter eggs, ds gets 85% dark chocolate occassionally too and he prefers water to juice..  so sad to see obese children :(((

USCmomax4
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 1:13 PM
I think its sad, that people set up their kids for future health problems by allowing them to become overweight, not to mention the fact that it must feel bad to be overweight in school! Sad!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
misswitch93
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 1:14 PM
I they love to blame it on "Health Issues" the issue is you are eating to much of the wrong food
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
twinsforlove
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 1:14 PM
3 moms liked this

Quoting eastcoastmama11:

Yeah. Honestly, not being educated or not caring about you child's health is so sad to me. Poor kids don't even have a chance to develop healthy habits :(.

Anyway, the 3 year old had a bottle?

YES! That was another thing that annoyed me! My kids are 15 months and drink out of sippy cups or big people cups but she had a nipple on her bottle!

Another thing that annoys me are these people I see pushing there children around in a stroller and the kids are like 6 or 7 years old! wtf people no wonder they are lazy

milfanyway
by Silver Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 1:14 PM
1 mom liked this
I agree. I sometimes feel some parents are repeating a generational curse of obesity. I'm do thankful for my mother, because while she is a very large woman she always encouraged healthy eating, and modeled it for us. Only one of five kids is obese, and he is very active!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)