• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Awesome mom/wife

Posted by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 1:10 PM
  • 4 Replies

I am bored and don't want to study for my test tomorrow (even though I think it will give me something like 10 credit hrs or something like that).

After all of the great anonymous posts telling me why I fail as a mother and why anonymous is so much better than me I have decided to list off the reasons I am an awesome mom/wife.  I suggest you ladies do the same and tell me what makes you an awesome mom/wife!

1.  I work 40 hr work weeks so my DH can stay home with DD, go to school and recover from cancer.

2.  I go to almost every single radiation and chemo appt with DH so he knows I fully support him.

3.  I bought DH a bunch of word working tools so he can have a hobby that will keep him busy while he goes through cancer treatment.  Better him be busy than be sitting around doing nothing.

4.  I come home and ensure that I spend at least an hour playing with DD. Whether that is playing with blocks or just being silly I make sure she gets in a few laughs with mom.

5.  I always stick to the same night time routine with DD which consists of laying her down in our bed with a full bottle and staying with her until she is asleep.  I then pick her up and put her in her bed.  It gives us cuddle time and she doesn't go to sleep if I am not there with her at night.

6.  I stayed with DH throughout the entire time that he had to stand by while his dog of 10 years was put down.  I know that I didn't have to do it but I wanted to ensure that we did it as a family. 

So, what makes you an awesome mom?

Some will die in hot pursuit and fiery auto crashes. Some will die in hot pursuit while sifting through my ashes. Some will fall in love with life and drink it from a fountain that is pouring like an avalanche coming down the mountain. ~Butthole Surfers

by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 1:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
bluespagan
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 1:40 PM

So all of this anonymous gloating but no one wants to post?

Sunshine257
by Ruby Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 1:44 PM
I am just awesome in general ; )
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jen2150
by Platinum Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 2:00 PM
1 mom liked this

I am an awesome mother because I am not content with myself.  I am constantly looking for ways to improve myself and I also look for ways to make my family happier every day.  

JoLee12345
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 2:39 PM
Okay, I shall bite and be honest this time
1. I support my dh and children in all their endeavours

2. I cook and clean so Dh can rest after a stressful day

3. I pray for my family every night.

4. I volunteer to stay active in their education.

5. I let them make choices

6. I teach them honesty, respect and humility
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)