Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How can you improve your parenting?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 27 Replies

This is not a bash post so don't quote someone to bash them!

What do you do (or don't do) that maybe isn't the best you could do for your kids? How will you work to improve it?

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 25, 2012 at 1:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sfkdny
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 1:19 PM

definitely have more patience.  I work FT in a stressful environment and sometimes that stress affects me at home as well

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 25, 2012 at 1:20 PM

I think I could spend more quality time with them playing games with them and stuff rather then taking the game down and supervising their play.

I could stop getting angry over really silly things that all kids do and realize they are kids in the moment and not after the fact.

SarahLizyB
by Gold Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 1:20 PM
I think everybody can improve their parenting. I could improve on reading with my son every night among other things
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 25, 2012 at 1:22 PM
More discipline. If he gets in trouble at daycare, to hold another punishment when we get home. We have been working on it. Can't expect overnight miracles :)
JoLee12345
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 1:25 PM
1 mom liked this

I could relax a bit! I am very concerned with cleanliness and order and organization!!! I think if I chilled a bit they would be more relaxed too! I guess now is as gooid a time as ever to start!

iluv2meow

Ditch my husband and tell him to F off and go to work and that the kids are more important and need ALL MY ATTENTION 24/7 :)

Jessica_Esqueda
1 mom liked this

I yell at my daughter too much. 
She's 2, and behind developmentally, and I get SO FRUSTRATED with her frequent, overly violent tantrums. I tell her to shut up and I'm ashamed of that.

For the past two days, when she throws a tantrum or starts to cry or scream, I call her to me with open arms and I hold her tight and tell her I understand that she's mad/sad/etc. I want to continue to do this so she can grow up with happy memories, not memories of mommy's short temper.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 25, 2012 at 1:28 PM
Learn how to cook. In 4 nights, we didn't eat anything at all for dinner... The third night, I made tuna helper- didn't even touch it. 4th night- grabbed taco bell. Tonight- either fast food or we won't eat again
nonnahsregah40
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 1:28 PM

I could try to be a little less stressed that my daughter refuses to help clean. Focus more on her good qualities.(but all I see is a 14 year acting like a 2 year old)

tifbrown
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 1:29 PM
Work on writing skills. My daughter is 3 and will be starting kindergarten next fall. The requirements now are pretty high and I need to get on it. I have been waiting for her to get letter recognition down before starting writing, and she is almost there! I think I could spend more time on the recognition with her, but I worry about pushing too hard and stressing her out.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)