Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I know we need money...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 5 Replies

But I love being a SAHM so much that I don't want to give it up to work. I have not worked since my son was born, and we arn't struggling but we have nothing to save we have maybe 50 dollars a month to spend on extra stuff(if we want to order out or we need something that we ran off unexpectingly etc) I want to make money but I also don't want to leave my son's side I've never left him with anyone other then my mom who lives 1 hour away so it was a night away from me and even then I was worried. I don't know what to do. I feel like loosing my SAHM experience will crush me and my son. =(

Any ideas? Or suggstions on what to do...

We don't have to save for much because my mom willingly has always paid for all of her kids and grandkids vacation she rents a house and we all spend 3 days there each. I would most likely want to save for my son's college, our wedding a little more(my moms also is paying that she's been saving since I was little)  so basically college and other stuff.

The cons of me working are more then me not wanting to sleave him I would have to make enough to cover daycare which in my area is 200 a week for a toddler. So I would have to basically work just for the daycare.
I'm going to college and I don't have a degree in anything so I would probablly just work in sales or something till I graduate...

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 25, 2012 at 1:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
MrKennys_Mom
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 1:30 PM
If I didnt need to work I wouldnt. It breaks my heart everyday.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lovinglife0682
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 1:32 PM
Honestly for us we always said that we we could not have extras like vacations, yearly passes, money to work on our house, college funds, savings, retirement etc I would work.
luvmyaustin
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 1:35 PM
Part time a few hours per week might help
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mitikusmom
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 1:37 PM

If you don't have to work why not watch another child a few days a week for extra money?  

mandylin3
by Silver Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 1:43 PM

I babysit in my home in order to stay home.  I have for 8 1/2 years.  It brings in an income and I'm able to stay home with my children.  My two olders are in school (Kindergarten and 2nd grade) so I stay home with my 4 year old and am able to be home for my older children when they get home from school.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)