• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

is this a dealbreaker? ETA

Posted by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 1:43 PM
  • 25 Replies
** I just feel like, I just got out of debt myself so maybe I should give him a chance. I know what it is like to feel like I can ignore stuff and just do what I want. Idk.**

Someone that sucks at managing money? Been with my boyfriend for 2 years and I've tried putting him on a budget and he just cant seem to get it together. He's almost always paid me his half of the bills, sometimes late, but he gets them in. But I just feel like it is a constant battle. When I try to talk ti him about budget he just clams up or says he'll do it, ok, blah blah. It is just getting old.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 1:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Apr. 25, 2012 at 1:44 PM
It would be for me.
..guesswho..
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 1:44 PM
Would be for me since he is just a bf. I mean if it's beyond awful. If it's not that bad than no.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sunshine257
by Ruby Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 1:46 PM
Would be for me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommy_me
by Emerald Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 1:46 PM

hmmm i would call it quits. Money is your future and you cant have one if you cant save and be financially responsible

notjstasocermom
by Sapphire Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 1:46 PM

yes

NDADanceMom
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 1:47 PM

It would be for me

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 25, 2012 at 1:47 PM

My fiance can't manage his money. His paycheck gets direct deposited into my account and I handle the bills. We each get a little bit of cash for spending money each week. Sometimes I wish he could just freakin get it together because it can be stresful figuring out bills and budgets when you are on a really tight budget. But I think I'm too much of a control freak to let him manage the money anyway.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 25, 2012 at 1:47 PM
Yep! One of my reasons for divorcing Dh. its childish and shows no self control. Definitely a deal breaker.
Maevelyn
by Platinum Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 1:50 PM

Thats person to person but I can understand why it would be a deal breaker. If you ever get married your credit is tied together and bad spending/budgeting habbits could keep you from having the life you want. 

MarleighsMommy
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 1:50 PM

My stbx husband was always terrible with money.  After being with him for almost 10 years, married almost 4, and having two kids together, I found out he was cheating and left him.  We owned a house, two cars, had credit cards that was ALL in my name (house was in both of ours)... He has dropped my credit almost a hundred points in less than a year by not paying his bills on time and I had to take all the credit cards with me.  So yes, from now on that will be a HUGE deal breaker for me.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)