Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

i cant believe shes my sister!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 15 Replies
I cant believe someone in my family is so hateful and spiteful... let me take you about 3 and a half years ago. Im pregant very pregnant. My mom lives out of town so im missing out on that. I asked my mom to come down to my town (i lived in a different town then my sister at this time a littme over an hour drive) so my friend who is 3 weeks ahead of me in her pregnancy ask me when my baby shower is so she can go. I told her i didnt knoe if i was having one no one offered to throe me one. She offers. She deciedes to have it in the town her grandma lives in, the same one my sis lives in... basically making it easier for my dh (my bf at the time)'s family. My friend lives another state away. So my sister tells me shes pregnant like 2 weeks beforebmy shower... she purposely got pregant when i was... but promises the baby shower was my day and she would tell my mom afterwards... nope tells my mom over thr phone and hour before the shower. So during my shower thats all my mom can talk about that she has 2 grandkids on the way... and no this is her 3rd and 4th grandkids so its not excitement of having her having her first grandkids. Jump foward i have my baby. My mom has agreed to come for a weekend along with my aunt and cousin who only see me once every ten years. Come to find out i had 3 thousand in debt my mom got in my name in medical and what not thats even a longer story and my sister cheated on her bf so hes left her pregnant with 2my kids and wants my mom to move her to AZ. My mom and aunt and cousin and my other sister who live in AZ with my mom spent an hour with me. Spent the whole time helping my sister pack because she waited till my mom got to to NE. my sister knew for weeks she was moving...my mom was suppose to come down and help me adjust to being a mom and what not. Nope never happened. Thats the first.

Let me bring you to nov 2010 my wedding. As kids my mom told us we either had to have all or none of us sibblings in our wedding. My mom was the only one not in her sisters wedding. So that was the rule. In order to put my sisters in the wedding we were going to have to find one extra groomsmen. Could find one. So we took out my brother and my sisters. And gave them jobs if they wanted. My sister gets pissed because i hired another photographer... my sister is an amuture and so is this one. My mom almost makes the other photgrapher back out by freaking her out with stress about missing shots because my mom originally told me she was going to pay for my wedding... nope i took out a loan and paid all of it. I didnt have enough to pay for a photographer. So i made due with what i had. Then on my wedding day my mom and everyone was late showing up getting ready except me the moh and my friendly photgrapher (my sister settles on doing a video) my moh helps me get ready and when my mom gets there she is angry. I asked her why she said its was the mother of the brides job to get the bride ready... never heard that one. She pulls my moh out of the room and tells her she has no morals or values to helping me get ready....
Didnt find this out till right before the reception when someone told me my moh has in the bathroom bawling... and so i was pissed. My mom is trying to pull me away into another room to do a picture i told her could wait tilm after our grand entrance in the reception hall. So my now dh and my bil are blocking the door as my mother physically tries to get into the bathroom to talk to me. After i told her i didnt want to. My bil was tempted in calling the police for assult because my mom hit him... yeah a happily ever after
my sister decides to get married a year after me. Well 2 days short of the day i got married. She puts my brother and sister but not mw in her wedding. My mom allows it because its her wedding. Yet i got yelled at for mine. Not to mention i was pregnant. Due in an exactly a month before her wedding. She tells me like 2you days before the wedding i can be in it but i have to wear the exact dress as the other s which was a 200 dollar dress my husband would have to agree to be in it too and get his tux another 200room dollars. I called the bridal place and they didne maternity dresses but larger sizes. I was huge. I was gonna have to get it all sorts of altered and the lady said she would need at least 6 weeks to get it done. So i got eft out. I cried days before the wedding. I drove my mom and other sister everywhere. Picked up all my family and one of her friends from in an airport in a town which has tons of lanes of express ways. Mine has none! And i cried the whole reception till i was free to leave... their wedding and reception was the same place so for my mom i stayed for picture and once dance with my husband.
To top it off i just got pregant to get the spot light on her wedding.... according to her
i cant belive my family is ao messed up... can anyone relate?
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 25, 2012 at 1:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 25, 2012 at 1:50 PM
1 mom liked this
Too long sorry
chiquis
by Bronze Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 1:51 PM
I'd be more mad at my mom. She's allowing all this. Smh.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 25, 2012 at 1:51 PM
Oh my!
KME445
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 1:55 PM
1 mom liked this

Seems like a whole bunch of petty and immature perceived slights.  

Do people really believe that people get pregnant just to steal their thunder or that so much of the little stuff matters on a wedding day?  Too much baggage to be walking around with every day.

tifbrown
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 1:59 PM
Wow! That is brutal. I am so sorry you had to go through that and that so much joy was taken away from your pregnancies and wedding. It's not fair. In future, maybe keep things small and keep family out of it. As much as it sucks to say that, if they are only going to cause stress and drama you don't need them. I hope your future is brighter and that you are able to strengthen your bond with your family in a positive way.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Apr. 25, 2012 at 2:00 PM

Um, will you please reread this aloud and tell me, do you talk like this IRL? I'm asking because wow, that was hard to get through! And from what I can understand of this post, you are angry at your sister for being selfish, but in reality, seems like your real issues lie with your mom. And FYI, it was your FUCKING WEDDING, not your mom's, so you should have told her to get lost if she didn't like how you were planning it! And also, you sound a little selfish over the whole being pregnant deal, and your sister getting pregnant right after you, and her telling your mom, so she stole your spotlight... idk... I just think you should get over it, and grow up and move on!

KWnavywife
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 2:06 PM

That was a really hard read, BTW

But I have to agree with one of the other posters, sounds like a lot of petty immature BS from all sides. I suggests everyone growing up and getting over it. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 25, 2012 at 2:07 PM
Quoting Anonymous:

Um, will you please reread this aloud and tell me, do you talk like this IRL? I'm asking because wow, that was hard to get through! And from what I can understand of this post, you are angry at your sister for being selfish, but in reality, seems like your real issues lie with your mom. And FYI, it was your FUCKING WEDDING, not your mom's, so you should have told her to get lost if she didn't like how you were planning it! And also, you sound a little selfish over the whole being pregnant deal, and your sister getting pregnant right after you, and her telling your mom, so she stole your spotlight... idk... I just think you should get over it, and grow up and move on!

Sorry its hard to edit on my phone... otherwise i would edit it... the baby shower i would admit i was kinda mad because it was my first baby.
NDADanceMom
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 2:08 PM

No.  I dont keep score.  Things change.  People change their minds.  A rule for me may not be a rule for my sister because she was 12 years younger.  If someone pays me a nickle twards something like a wedding when I thought they would pay for the whole thing... I appreciate the nickle.  

You are luckier than you realize.  In my family when you are pregnant you forfit all rights to a wedding paid for by the parents at all.  I doubt people would even show up to a wedding paid for by the bride if it was some grand affair and she already had a kid.  You do things in order or not at all in our family.  If you have a baby you skip the prom, graduation parties, showers, weddings and whatnot. We are very traditional and everyone understands it.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Apr. 25, 2012 at 2:16 PM
Sadly, I can relate.
*hugs*
=(
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)