Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Angry with SIL....would you be?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 7 Replies

Ok so here is the scoop.  DH and I got in an argument.  It was not a major argument or anything crazy like that.  Just about stuff around the house that needs done and I feel like I am the only one doing them.  Anyway...DH called his sister and was complaining about how mean I am.  She told him that he could move in with her.  I realize that she has been married three times and has run at the first sign of major trouble instead of trying to work it out....but DH and I have been through a lot.  I get that he was just venting to her....but she should have never tried to get him to move in with her and end our marriage.  Luckily he just brushed it off....but who does that?  I mean the argument was seriously about the fact that I had run the dishwasher and and asked him to empty it when it finished as I was leaving for work...he didn't and said he ran out of time...(not sure what that means)  Then I told him that I need him to help more around the house because we both work full time and I can't do it all on my own.  I also told him I appreciate that took care of the lawn and cleaned out the freezer....but I was more worried about the dishes being cleaned since most of our stuff is packed away for a move and we don't have a lot of dishes.  It just wasn't a big deal and he got all defensive and pissy because that is what he does.

Later...he went to unload the dishwasher which I had already done...and apologized for making an issue out of it.  But it just seems like his sister is always giving him an out....and it pisses me off.  How can I tell her that we work through our issues and she needs to quit trying to end our marriage over petty shit.

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 25, 2012 at 1:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
RayneofTerror
by Silver Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 2:00 PM
1 mom liked this
I wouldn't say anything. I would ask my husband to say something to her.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 25, 2012 at 2:01 PM
I'd kick her ass.
Sunshine257
by Ruby Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 2:01 PM
I would be pissed but I would keep it to myself I wouldn't want to start drama. Maybe talk to your dh about it that's it. Imo
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 25, 2012 at 2:03 PM
2 moms liked this
You tell the big baby.. Err, I mean husband to not run to his big sister. Never mix family with relationship issues. Esp over that
MB13
by Bronze Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 2:04 PM
1 mom liked this

I would ask my husband to QUIT talking to his sister about our marriage.

Quoting RayneofTerror:

LovelyJay512
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 2:08 PM
I'd tell her mind her fucking business only if it has happened more than once.
Thank god hubby's fam and I aren't close like that, I'm not the one to deal with know it alls in my marriage.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DaiTilley
by Gold Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 2:19 PM
1 mom liked this
This!
If he knows this will be her reaction, he either needs to confront her and tell her that he has no plans of ending his marriage & would appreciate it if she didn't jump to conclusions, or just not talk to her about your relationship at all!

Quoting MB13:

I would ask my husband to QUIT talking to his sister about our marriage.

Quoting RayneofTerror:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)