Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms of multiples or children very close in age

Posted by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 2:25 PM
  • 72 Replies
2 moms liked this

I gotta know how you do it!  I have a 16mo son and my friend is a teacher and went back to work.  I am watching her 4mo old.  Man this is crazy!  I have to go to the store multiple times because there is not enough room in the cart for my son and the baby carrier plus groceries.  Then I have to go between naps and feedings.  I just want to say you women are AMAZING!!!  My husband and I are thinking about trying for our 2nd soon and this has been a good test run, but I can't wait for school to get out and only have one baby again. When do you guys have time to breathe?  Or eat for that matter?  I think I have lost weight from this (which might not be a bad thing...haha).  Anyways...I just wanted to say you guys are GREAT!  I hope that when I have our second I can handle it, but there will be a bigger age gap by then. 

by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 2:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
twrwifey
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 2:29 PM

I always put my son in the top/front of the cart and wore my baby in the moby when at the grocery. It's really not that bad. I'm more worried this time because there is a 4 year gap between my daughter and the new baby.

MommaSmith678
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 2:34 PM
Thank you! My boys are 1 and 2 and it is a freakin circus sometimes! After havIng ds1 I struggled so much to lose the weight and was up to 150lbs but now with both boys to chase around all day I am down to 110lbs. I actually need to get better about figuring out how to get a substantial meal in me because I am losing too much weight! As for grocery shopping, when ds2 was still in his car seat I would sometimes have to get 2 carts (push one and pull the other) now that he is big enough to sit in the cart I can only go to stores that have the kind of cart you can strap 2 kids into cause my 2 year old is not old enough to not be strapped in while shopping! Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Apr. 25, 2012 at 2:39 PM
1 mom liked this
I have 8. They are now 20,17,16,15,13,11,8, and 7. Two carts were always in play. It was hard but you learn how to juggle them.
kidkrazyinAK
by Bronze Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 2:44 PM

I had 3 in 29 months, I never thought it was too bad...until now. They are teenagers and I am their taxi service.

Allie_kat1
by Gold Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 2:45 PM

I have a 2.5yr old (will be 3 in July) a 14 month old and am also due in july. wearing the baby helps a ton. Otherwise you just get into a groove and figure it out.

lynnd4
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 2:45 PM
When I went shopping with my twins, they went the stroller and I got a cart. It was dangerous for all around me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Schleetle
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 2:46 PM
I think having twins is easier than having two very close in age. I had twins first although they were a lot of work as newbs as older babies/toddlers they were playmates, and didn't need as much attention from me. They were happy playing together, were in all the same stages at the same time, and since they are boys they even shared clothes.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MaNdYbEaR2010
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 2:47 PM

I carry the youngest in a good baby carrier. Lol. Mine are 15 months apart.

JoLee12345
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 2:53 PM
2 moms liked this
Mom of five here
1. You olace child in cart, infant in front and suck it up and pull a second cart! I have done it for six years.
2. Don't stress
3. Shower before they wake up( get up a bit earlier )
4. Bed at 6:30 or 7:00. (yes kids need twelve hours!)I and you get a break and sleep!
5. Plan meals a week in advance
6. Have all shoes and clothes ready for the next day the night before
7. Keep up on cleaning, letting it go only makes it harder when you get to it!
8. Say no when you need a break! No one is supermom!
Gl love z

JoLee12345
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 2:54 PM
Mine are 9,6,5,2,1 and due in November
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)