Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

s/o money issues in relationships

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 4 Replies
For all y'all that have divorced or broken up a long term relationship, how much did money have to do with it? Money is one if the leading causes of divorce now, I read. Are money problems really that serious? Would you get rid of someone that us terrible with money?
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 25, 2012 at 3:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 25, 2012 at 3:22 PM
Not married, bump
wintermermaid
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 3:26 PM

I'm married but when we first got married, DH wasn't responsible with money. It's okay if you have the money to spare i suppose, but when you don't, and every cent counts than yes it can cause major conflict in a relationship. Thankfully my husband was willing to try and figure things out and we have made big changes and are on the same page with money. 

The other complicating factor with money is that not only does it effect the realistic side of life, it is all caught up in emotional matters too. Money has different meanings for different people. My husband saw money and buying things as part of his self-worth and a way to cope. It's also how his parents showed him love while growing up. (still do sometimes!) So it wasn't just about not spending money anymore, it was about what that money MEANT and how to change that whole thought process behind the meaning of money.

Supervane
by Ruby Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 3:35 PM
Not divorced but here's a bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SnapIt
by Ruby Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 3:46 PM

divorcing because he cheated

money was never an issue 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)