Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Question for Mama's who had babies in their teens

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 4 Replies

Were your parents aware that you were sexually active?

Were you able to go to your parents for BC?

Did the forbid sex?

What ultimately led to you being a teen mom?

What will you do different for your children?

Would you change your decisions now?

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 25, 2012 at 3:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
AlwaysExpecting
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 3:20 PM

1. mom, yes, dad was out of the picture.

2. no, my now husband went to the doctors with me and I got it on my own when we decided to have sex.

3. My mom was really uninvolved with my life, I did what I wanted because she worked alot and was worn out

4. My husband asked me to marry him and I did, and soon after when I was 18 we had a baby. 

5. be an involved parent. 

6 no.

NonaScheib38
by Gold Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 3:28 PM
I was 18, does that count or were u lookin for rly young teens? My mom actually crammed the whole "ur gonna have sex so here's some condoms" thing down my throat so hard it was annoying. I felt bad that I wasn't having sex, actually. I know she was just Trying to bring home the responsibility thing, but it really just made me feel like a nerd who wasn't screwing. I had a boyfriend for about two years from 15 to 17 years old, and she started w the bc talk right away. We broke up when I was 17, and I immediately dated a different dude, and married him the month after I turned 18. I was freaky in Love w him and did whatever he wanted to do. He wanted to get married, done. Three months after the wedding, he wanted to have kids, so I got pregnant. We've been married for five years now and have two more kids together, and I've gained some much needed independence and a backbone since then.

I would let my kids know how hard it was, even without being single, and how it felt when everyone else was off having parties and stopped calling me...how I wish I had kept my prebaby body longer. I would tell them how much my Love for them, even tho I loved them more than anything, my Love was always compromised by the troubles I had struggling to give them what I knew they deserved. If I could have the exact same kids a few years later I would and I think the family as a whole would be doing much better now.

What do u think? Is that terrible to say?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 25, 2012 at 3:31 PM

Quoting NonaScheib38:

I was 18, does that count or were u lookin for rly young teens? My mom actually crammed the whole "ur gonna have sex so here's some condoms" thing down my throat so hard it was annoying. I felt bad that I wasn't having sex, actually. I know she was just Trying to bring home the responsibility thing, but it really just made me feel like a nerd who wasn't screwing. I had a boyfriend for about two years from 15 to 17 years old, and she started w the bc talk right away. We broke up when I was 17, and I immediately dated a different dude, and married him the month after I turned 18. I was freaky in Love w him and did whatever he wanted to do. He wanted to get married, done. Three months after the wedding, he wanted to have kids, so I got pregnant. We've been married for five years now and have two more kids together, and I've gained some much needed independence and a backbone since then.

I would let my kids know how hard it was, even without being single, and how it felt when everyone else was off having parties and stopped calling me...how I wish I had kept my prebaby body longer. I would tell them how much my Love for them, even tho I loved them more than anything, my Love was always compromised by the troubles I had struggling to give them what I knew they deserved. If I could have the exact same kids a few years later I would and I think the family as a whole would be doing much better now.

What do u think? Is that terrible to say?

I don't think it sounds terrible at all.  It sounds real.  I was 26 when I had my DD and it was hard. 

MOMMY2ACR
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 3:44 PM
1. I'm sure
2. No
3.no
4. I lived on my own from 16-18 so I had no parental guidance
5. There is no way in hell my kids will even consider leaving my home until they are 18 or older. I'm going to actually parent them.
6. I wouldn't change a single thing.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)