• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How poor have you ever been?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 20 Replies

Right now I have a Dr appt. and do not have the $3 copay for it. I made a sister a bday card and do not have 44cents to buy a stamp.

Good time for me to FML! and all my husband does is wonder around town looking to see who needs work done. Like today he i s fixing a car but will he get paid? doesn't matter if he did it will go to gas and a 12 pack for himself. Again FML

and no leaving is not an option because I would not only be broke but homeless because I have nobody in my life that can help me

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 25, 2012 at 3:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SarahLizyB
by Gold Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 3:15 PM
I'm sorry :(
Schleetle
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 3:16 PM
I'm sorry. I hope things turn around for you soon.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
0Kit0
by Gold Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 3:18 PM
1 mom liked this
Youre online, use this time to find resources for you. Check churches, social services, they all know of programs that would help you. Good luck.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cLanief
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 3:18 PM
1 mom liked this
yup I know how that goes. Time for you to kick some ass and take no names and take your own financial future into your own hands. -hugs-
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 25, 2012 at 3:21 PM
16 yrs ago I was homeless with a 17 month old and middle of a miscarriage from my ex husband. Leaving my ex was the best thing that ever happened, and I was able to get a waitress job and later work in customer service.
lordkanarven
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 3:21 PM

I'm sorry :( 

I was soo f***ing poor in college!! I had to sell pot (I never smoked but a lot of my friends did an always wanted me to smoke so they would give it to me and I would just sell it lol) so I could afford to eat ramen and frozen peas.

Join me in Blues Mamas if you have a passion for music!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 25, 2012 at 3:22 PM
We lived in a tent for 6 monthes and hotel rooms for 2 years. We worked hard and now we have everything we need or could want.

Definitely look up local groups for help.
-LovingMamma-
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 3:23 PM

Ahh I have been there!  I had to eat froot loops for a week once because thats all we had and couldn't go grocery shopping until we got paid.  We refused to get public assistance.  But hell I had a roof over my head at least!  It did teach me some valuable lessons, like how to do decent grocery shopping on a nothing budget (stopped buying cereal!) Thankfully we worked ourselves out of it, and are now doing well enough to not have to struggle to pay every bill.  Still trying to recover from the bad credit we encoured during the hard times, but it sure makes me apreciate the good times more!  Sorry your having such a hard time, hope you guys get through it. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Apr. 25, 2012 at 3:23 PM
It sucks. Find yourself a job. Don't stop looking till ya find one
Kaylawv2
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 3:24 PM
Im sorry, I know what its like to be super broke. When dh and I were younger we struggled alot. I remember counting change to put gas in the car to goto work and school. Thankfully due to alot of hardwork we are at a comfortable place in our lives. It is not easy but its possible to rise above. Contact your local dhhr for resources to get your own place and help finding a
job.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)