Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

18 and.... *update*

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 27 Replies

has 2 kids by 2 different guys and is currently single...no job, still living off parents who is currently being supported by welfare, and lives in a house with smokers

what would you think of someone like this

update for the one who asked:

i wrote this b.c. this is the exact same situation on of my family members are in. she has not graduated from high school she dropped out when she was pregnant with the first child at 16. and now shes pregnant again and still is not doing anything to remove herself from this situation or make it better. when i do try to talk to her she thinks im over reacting and she has no problem with taking care of her kids on her own. she constantly says she does it all on her own and nobody helps her do anything and i dont get how she doesnt understand the fact the she still living with her parents and they buy her baby everything already then there is somebody doing a lot for her. but she believes b.c. she's not asking them they just do it then its not considered them helping her. 

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 25, 2012 at 3:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
iluv2meow
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 3:41 PM
3 moms liked this

I think that is WONDERFUL! She is probably very bright, smart, educated, and plans her life out well :)

I think she deserves to be honored and cherished in her success :)

anfinley89
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 3:42 PM
2 moms liked this

That their a normal human being who has hard times in their life. Nothing to be judgmental about. Nobodys perfect

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 25, 2012 at 3:43 PM
Sounds like me.
RayneofTerror
by Silver Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 3:43 PM

i would think that person need to get a job and get into school. there are programmes to help with child care. the person needs to work hard to make a better life for her and her children. bad choices were made, and now good choices need to be made. 

Mamie_85
by Platinum Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 3:43 PM
I would think that it's none of my business.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 25, 2012 at 3:43 PM
Just an average American!
justahousewife
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 3:45 PM

At 18 most people haven't had a chance to even pretend to be an adult. I can't even imagine how trapped and desperate the person must feel especially if her own parents are struggling (or whatever reason they're in the position they're in). 

There is no way to honestly judge a child. At 18 MOST people are still children. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Apr. 25, 2012 at 3:45 PM
I think it's not your place to judge them...or mine...or anyone else in here!! Hello!! Have you seen they way the economy is?? Not everyone has a super awesome life right now!!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Apr. 25, 2012 at 3:46 PM

maybe needs to be more independent , and the only reson i say this is because ive been out on my own since I got pregnant with my oldest at 16 , and now at almost 22 has two kids , and has never moved back home with my parents.

So maybe this person needs to be more independent and explore thier options of birth control , but thats just how i feel.  but i guess to each thier own as long as the kids are healthy and taken care of.

Elle.tea.22
by Emerald Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 3:49 PM

She lacks motivation, a reason to be better. Maybe she thinks her life ended when she had the first one, got careless had an other and now she thinks that water thats upto her ankles is actually upto her neck. She doesn't see the things she has going for her. The fact shes still at home means her parents 1) put up with her 2) may be willing to help. She has time on her hands, shes only 18, not 40. She can go to school and get her life together and make it better. She doesn't want to be where shes at, she wants to be out having fun like her friends but that isn't a reality for her any more cause maybe her friends don't understand she has 2 kids now. She needs new friends in a similiar situation so she can see maybe things aren't that bad and goes and does something to make things better

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)