Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

A little braggy, but a moment of pride and achievement!

Posted by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 3:42 PM
  • 8 Replies
4 moms liked this
My husband and I did the math this week, and realized we can put our twins in private school in the fall. This is not going to require any sacrifice, really, it'll just be the money we have been using to pay down debt (which will be gone by then). It has been a goal of ours to be able to afford to put our children in private school since we only had one and were engaged - and we both admitted to each other today that we thought this was a goal we'd never meet. I will be homeschooling our daughter, but we could afford to send her too. It's a crazy feeling, knowing just a few years ago we were scraping by and I was skipping meals to stretch what food we had.

My husband won't be home for another four months - le sigh - but I can't wait to give him a big ol' hug for everything he's done for us to get us to this point. I'm done bragging now. ;)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 3:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Elle.tea.22
by Emerald Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 3:46 PM

Congrats! My baby is still in the oven and I'm saving for private school :)

GentleGoddess
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 4:06 PM
Yea you! Congrats!!
My boys are in an alternative school. We are lucky because they have an accessible to all program. We pay what we can afford based on our income. It's wonderful! I know my kids are better off then in a public school. If we couldn't do this I would home school.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lalalandlady2
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 4:08 PM

why are you sending one to private school and homeschooling the other?  just curious.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Apr. 25, 2012 at 4:11 PM
Congratulations on getting out of debt and achieving your ultimate goal.
GoddessAnna
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 4:40 PM
Our twins are developmentally delayed, and will be going to a school that specializes in dealing with children like them. Sophie will be homeschooled chiefly because she wants to be - she requested this, and we're finally in a position to be able to do this as well. The boys like being at school. My husband and I would have all three in three different learning environments if that was what was best for all of them individually. I posted about that I think in another group a while ago.

Quoting lalalandlady2:

why are you sending one to private school and homeschooling the other?  just curious.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lalalandlady2
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 4:41 PM

i see.  my sister homeschooled all three of her kids.  good for you!!  

Quoting GoddessAnna:

Our twins are developmentally delayed, and will be going to a school that specializes in dealing with children like them. Sophie will be homeschooled chiefly because she wants to be - she requested this, and we're finally in a position to be able to do this as well. The boys like being at school. My husband and I would have all three in three different learning environments if that was what was best for all of them individually. I posted about that I think in another group a while ago.

C-Leigh
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 4:42 PM
That is amazing, congrats!
Ctink8189
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 4:45 PM

Great news!!! Congrats to you! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)