Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm the kind of mom that....

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 26 Replies
Was unable to bf, I pumped and bottle fed for a month until my body stopped producing milk, I get my dd her shots as needed, I put dd in the corner and only spank if that isn't working. I let her CIO rarely when she was a baby because sometimes you don't know what to do and being frustrated and stressed out while holding your child doesn't help sooth them. I allow her to play outside by herself when it is nice out. She is only 2 1/2. She has never slept in bed with Df and I, she has slept in bed with just me but not until after she was a yr old and only when she was sick.
I wanted to out this up because I know all the bashing about these things and how it will hurt her, but she is strong, independent, and very intelligent. I think everyone can do things their own way and if it works more power to you!
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 25, 2012 at 4:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 25, 2012 at 4:16 PM
Two and a half and she plays alone outside? Smh
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 25, 2012 at 4:19 PM
Bump!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 25, 2012 at 4:19 PM

Outside alone at 2 1/2 is wrong no matter what. The rest is whatever, do what works for you

arpazia
by Platinum Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 4:19 PM

uh...do you watch her,like out a window or something?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 25, 2012 at 4:20 PM
Yes, we don't live in town and my yard is fenced. I have 2 neighbors for miles and she doesn't ever really like to get off the porch. Plus I keep the house opened up. She runs in and out telling me what she is doing more than anything else.

Quoting Anonymous:

jessecutez
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 4:21 PM

im ok with most of these things.... but your 2 1/2 yo plays outside alone? im not thinking thats a good idea

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 25, 2012 at 4:22 PM
Everything else in your post is whatever.....but this? Never ok.

Quoting Anonymous:

Yes, we don't live in town and my yard is fenced. I have 2 neighbors for miles and she doesn't ever really like to get off the porch. Plus I keep the house opened up. She runs in and out telling me what she is doing more than anything else.

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 25, 2012 at 4:22 PM
Yes, I keep the house opened up and she runs back and forth telling me what she is doing. Or just yells at me through the window so we can talk. I'm not locking her outside. :-)

Quoting arpazia:

uh...do you watch her,like out a window or something?

iluv2meow
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 4:23 PM
1 mom liked this

I tie my kids on the roof of the car.

KayelynnsMama
by Gold Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 4:24 PM
1 mom liked this

If I had a fenced in yard I would let my 2 1/2 year old play outside. It's unrealistic and plain stupid to think you need to be a shadow to your children.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)