Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I feel so ashamed of myself

Posted by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 4:16 PM
  • 2 Replies

I compleatly deserve to be bashed for this.  I am always the first one to get upset with anyone i know for judging others.

yestorday i was out with my mom and we stopped in at a gas station to get something to drink. i was in line behind a young man who was wearing a sports jearsy and shorts about 3 sizes too big, he was also wearing a ball cap with the brim compleatly flattend out ( a very popular style for some of the thugs in our area) he was buying a case of beer and his eyes were very bloodshot.. he was on the phone loudly discussing a sum of money that was owed and asking for some time to gather the funds. 

next he made another phone call and i hear him say " hey bro, i just wanted to let you know you are going to get a phone call from zales, before mom passed she owed them XXX dollars. they are being really kind and granting us a breavment period until july but  you need to sign something" 

my heart sank and i realized that i was judging him.

now its his turn to check out and the guy at the register says hows the hunt going?

this young man tells the cashier that he was hired on at ihop and thinks things will start to turn around soon, expecially if he is good at saving his tips. the cashier says something about how he could never do 3 jobs at once and said they should get together soon to relax.

again my heart sinks, the young man in the line says " i gotta do what i can to take care of my baby sister, she has a reputation and style at school and i dont want her to loose that along with everything else" 

i can not believe that i allowed myself to judge this young man and did not even realize it until i over heard what a hard time he was going through. i feel terrible and wish that there was something i could have done to help him.

by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 4:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
JJSMOMMYxox
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 4:19 PM

You don't deserve to be bashed... People think things and let their mind wander without knowing it don't beat yourself up.

3pippings
by Silver Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 4:19 PM

Wow. I'd felt the same as you.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)