• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Surrogate

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 6 Replies
I've been long time friends with this other couple, both my husband and I have. They have been married 7 years no kids, they have tried,they have been to several fertility doctors done treatments etc... they have considered adoption, they both recently came to my husband and myself asking if i wiuld consider carrying a child, i would just be used as" the oven" it woul be his sperm,her eggs,, they will be a lot of injections for her and me, a lot of legal stuff to go through, Do any of you ladies know of anyone who has done this?
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 25, 2012 at 4:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 25, 2012 at 4:55 PM
I would only agree if I could have sex with the husband.
mamabirch88
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 4:58 PM
I have a friend who has done this. She really loved being able to do it because she knew the parents wanted a baby so badly and would make good parents. She said all the injections and tests were obnoxious but not that bad.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mamabirch88
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 4:58 PM
Omg go away troll.

Quoting Anonymous:

I would only agree if I could have sex with the husband.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AmyG1976
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 5:00 PM

I know someone who did it and loved the experence I am currently doing egg donation for a friends and then another friend will be carring the baby. I am very excited and happy to do it. You of course will be doing a lot more than me. I and the "oven" person have to get on same cycle with BC lots of blood tests and I am doing injections to increase my egg amount and mature them faster.  They have a lawyer they are covering all the costs expect ones I went on my own for the first exams to my doc and had my ins pay then transfer my records over to save the couple some cash.  I would rather just have them shoot the daddys swimmers in me and then carry it think that will be much easier but they want to do it this way so :) we are, after all its there baby and I'm in it no matter what.

"Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity"   MLK
~A wife of 14 years to B mommy of 16 years to J, 11 year old D, 9 year old M, and our miracle baby born at 26 weeks J 5 years.           http://www.freewebs.com/sacredjourneys/index.htm

Anouck
by Gold Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 5:01 PM

I actually offered to do this for my brother, but they ended up adopting a little girl from China, instead. I think if you would be willing to do this, it would be an amazing gift for your friends. But I would make sure everything is taken care of beforehand as far as the legal stuff goes. As for the injections, etc... I'm sure they wouldn't be fun, but I think as long as you remind yourself of the reasons why you're doing this, and how happy you're making your friends, they would be tolerable. 

unspecified42
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 8:51 AM

I have.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)