Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I can't believe what I did

Posted by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 4:34 PM
  • 17 Replies

I don't normally spank.  I can count on one hand how many times I have spanked either of my kids.  Sunday morning was my older son's First Communion.  My youngest was giving us a hard time about getting dressed and he didn't want to go and wasn't going to put on his shoes and blah, blah, blah.  I can hear DH getting frustrated with him so, I go out and try to help the situation.  I firmly told my son that he would get his shoes on and he would go to church.  He said "NO!" and slapped me in the face!  So, I put him over my knee and spanked his little butt. Then we get to the church and he ran off.  My DH thought he was with my Dad and my Dad thought he was with DH.  We looked for him for 20 minutes.  I did not know where he was for 20 minutes.  There is a creek right outside the church.  I immediately went out there and he wasn't there.  My older son finally found him hiding behind some potted trees.  I took him into the restroom, pulled down his pants and paddled his butt.  Then my sister took him home.  I feel awful that I spanked him.  OK....This is it for my first post:)  Have fun!

Carrie

by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 4:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Marilynxomonroe
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 4:36 PM
I can't blame you but be ready to hear how horrible you are lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MWV85
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 4:36 PM
1 mom liked this

get r done!

hey, you did what you needed to do and its done and over with, right?

no need to dwell on it. you did the right thing, imo.

proudmommy690
by Ruby Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 4:37 PM
i would do what you did.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Apr. 25, 2012 at 4:38 PM
1 mom liked this
I don't spank. However...if one of them smacked me in my face you better believe I'd spank their tiny butts.
Elle.tea.22
by Emerald Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 4:39 PM

I'm a pro spanker.

mamaistheword87
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 4:40 PM

I'm so sorry it was a crappy day.  You did what you felt was necessary.  Good for you.

sfkdny
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 4:41 PM

you did what you felt was right at the time - I also have spanking as one of the tools of discipline.  I would only use my hands though

carmenclrk
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 4:41 PM

clapping

Ctink8189
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 4:43 PM
1 mom liked this

I know exactly how you feel! This happened to me at the doctors office!! I was trying to get my 3yo to step on the scale to get his weight and he slapped me right in the face and said "NO!!" The nurse looked at me with a smile and said "You can use that empty room over there if you'd like".. and I DID! 

lovin_life85
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 4:46 PM

I think I would have done the same thing and I don't normally spank either. Usually only when they are doing something that is going to get them hurt and I have told them and removed them from the situation over and over again!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)