• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I wish people would stop spraying pesticides....

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 37 Replies
2 moms liked this

I feel like telling people that that shit causes cancer plus a whole list of bad stuff... grass grew all by itself for thousands of years without chemical fertilizers and dandelions are food. They're actually really good  for you! Ugh I feel kind of violent about the subject.... my baby is all stuffy and I am pretty sure it is from all the chemicals flying around... shit makes my throat feel restricted.

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 25, 2012 at 4:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 25, 2012 at 4:37 PM
3 moms liked this
I wish people would stop bitching about what other people do.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 25, 2012 at 4:43 PM

I wouldn't care if it didn't directly affect me.... but it does! It seeps into the water and I have to breathe it in and so does my newborn!! Which it can cause neurological damage also. Dummy

Quoting Anonymous:

littleacorn
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 4:46 PM
I know what you mean! Walking through neighborhoods where that is a common practice gives me asthma attacks from the chemicals sometimes too. Another thing that affects EVERYONE is that that crap seeps into the groundwater which is the source of a LOT of people's drinking water!

Quoting Anonymous:

I wouldn't care if it didn't directly affect me.... but it does! It seeps into the water and I have to breathe it in and so does my newborn!! Which it can cause neurological damage also. Dummy

Quoting Anonymous:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
highlandmum
by Spunky on Apr. 25, 2012 at 4:48 PM

We have a pesticide ban in my city because people complained.  Guess what these same people are now complaining about.  You guessed it - the bugs that are now eating the grass.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 25, 2012 at 4:52 PM

I live in an apartment building so I have no say on whether or not they spray the grounds... it sucks when they do. I just wish people were more educated about how harmful the crap is... I wouldn't care as much if I didn't haven't a newborn, but I do and I hate it when I can smell the stuff. It gives me anxiety to think my son is breathing it in.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 25, 2012 at 4:54 PM

the ecosystem has to be stabilized... there are beneficial bugs that will eat the "pests".... you can order them online. I know ladybugs are one of the good bugs. look it up...

Quoting highlandmum:

We have a pesticide ban in my city because people complained.  Guess what these same people are now complaining about.  You guessed it - the bugs that are now eating the grass.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 25, 2012 at 4:59 PM
1 mom liked this
There's no need to be nasty, bitch, no one gives a fuck about what you or your child are breathing, get over it.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 25, 2012 at 4:59 PM
1 mom liked this

look into natural or organic lawn care, beneficial bugs, etc..... what we do is just plain stupid. Some corporation out to make money told us we need a perfectly green lawn with no wildflowers on it so we need to spray spray spray.... we just cobble that shit up. Please corporations what should we do and think next? we have no brains to make decisions for ourselves...

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 25, 2012 at 5:02 PM

well when your dumb ass gets cancer maybe you can sit and think about it for a minute.... if that isn't too difficult for your meek little brain to do. It's not just me and my kid... its all of us. Babies, pets, every living thing. understand?

Quoting Anonymous:

There's no need to be nasty, bitch, no one gives a fuck about what you or your child are breathing, get over it.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Aphrodisiac
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 5:02 PM

I spreaded 9 bags of pesticide in my yard :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)