• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

So Im going to do a poll first...then Ill add why Im asking.. Moms of girls 7 years and older EDIT HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 31 Replies

Poll

Question: How old was your daughter when she dressing herself to look presentable, brushing her own hair and wanting to look good when going to school, friends other places?

Options:

age 7 or below

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 45

View Results

My dd is 8. Ill post the story and my concerns after I get some answers on the poll.

My DD is that awkward girl. Her shoes always untied. Her pants always falling down. Even with sweats. When she wears jeans, and cries about her belt bc she says she cant unbuckle it on time at school. She has had 2 accidents this year.

I have to stand over her constantly to make sure her teeth are brushed,her hair is brushed, her shoes are tied. Ect. Her hair is always ragedy by the time she gets out of school, and if I pull it up its falling out of her pony tail, and she wont pull it back up. Like, she DOES NOT CARE!!!

Today I picked her up from school, and the road was backed up bc I was waiting on DD to get into the car. Shes just poking around, kicking rocks, papers falling out of her bag, ect.

I dont know what else to do. She does not care. I was also the awkward girl but I had no guidance. I was always made fun of. I got spit on. People chanted I was a dyke on the bus. They would throw tampons at me withred markers. They poured contactsolution in my hair. Smack me upside the head. It was torture. I can not let this happen to DD.

Obviously there are other reasons I want her to get straghtened out.

She walks around WHINING about everything. "Thats not fair" "mom, why do I have to do this" "Mom., Im so tired"

I just do not know anymore. I have came here several times asking for help, and have been torn up.

Im seriously desperate for help.

Ive taken her to the Doctor. We did a occupational therapy evaluation, and that just told us that her coordination is off. But because she is wheresheneeds to be shedoesnt qualify for  OT. Shes graduated from Speech Therapy this year, as well as chapter one reading. She is very smart. She has gotten 100%s on pretty much every spelling test, and the few she didnt they havent been below 90 ever.

I dont know how normal or not normal this is.

I see all these little girls coming out of school with their hair doneneatly, dressed neatly, ect. But here comes my DD. She reminds me of the girl on "Shes all that" When shes walking outof the school dropping all  her stuff...

Poor DD. :( I just need help helping her!

EDIT HELP!!!!::

Help me find a cute hair style for her. Right now her hair is just in the middle of her back. No bangs. She has a round face. How should we cut it?

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 25, 2012 at 4:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 25, 2012 at 5:04 PM
My youngest is a girly girl so she always wants to look cute. My 2 oldest 20 and 16 are tomboys they only do the minimum.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 25, 2012 at 5:14 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

My youngest is a girly girl so she always wants to look cute. My 2 oldest 20 and 16 are tomboys they only do the minimum.

But they still care how they look right?Dress presentable. Not all sloppy with their pants falling down, shoes untied ect?

I just posted the story.. so maybe thatll help. :)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 25, 2012 at 5:19 PM

bump.

Bigloveingmommy
by Bronze Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 5:20 PM
My daughter us seven and she the same way but I brush her hair in the morning and her clothes are clean when she go to school but when I pick her up it look like a tornado just went around her and bought jewelry for her and she would lose it she us a big time tomboy!! I'm hoping she well soon grow out of it
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 25, 2012 at 5:25 PM

Quoting Bigloveingmommy:

My daughter us seven and she the same way but I brush her hair in the morning and her clothes us clean when she go to school but when I pick her up it look like a tornado just went around her and bought jewelry for her and she would lose it she us a big time tomboy!! I'm hoping she well soon grow out of it

I brush her hair in the morning to. I wasnt sure if this is normal. I just dont even know what to do. I just know that its seriously going to drive me insane soon. Like I seriously just want want to run away, and cry. My DD breaks her jewelery to. Or wears it with odd stuff Like she wore her fat pearls today that she got as a gift from my aunt. She has tshirt and jeans on and big fat pearls with a huge shiny heart. She doesnt understant that IT DOESNT MATCH! lol.  I just dontk now. I just reallly do not know anymore. I give up on her growing out of it. I lecture her EVERYDAY.

pull your pants up

tie your shoes.

PUT YOUR HOMEWORK IN  YOUR FOLDER...

she doesnt care! and it drives me absolutely INSANE!

LovelyBugs
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 5:28 PM
My oldest (10) started at about 9 and my youngest (8) this year...they all have their own pace. I was always that awkward girl
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mindymay84
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 5:32 PM
1 mom liked this
Honestly, I wouldn't be to hard on her. If it us not bothering her, then there is probably nothing you can do, yet. She is still pretty young so I bet she'll grow out of it. I would say as long as she grows out of it before junior high, she should be okay.
I am sorry you were bullied so much when you were a kid.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Bigloveingmommy:

My daughter us seven and she the same way but I brush her hair in the morning and her clothes us clean when she go to school but when I pick her up it look like a tornado just went around her and bought jewelry for her and she would lose it she us a big time tomboy!! I'm hoping she well soon grow out of it

I brush her hair in the morning to. I wasnt sure if this is normal. I just dont even know what to do. I just know that its seriously going to drive me insane soon. Like I seriously just want want to run away, and cry. My DD breaks her jewelery to. Or wears it with odd stuff Like she wore her fat pearls today that she got as a gift from my aunt. She has tshirt and jeans on and big fat pearls with a huge shiny heart. She doesnt understant that IT DOESNT MATCH! lol.  I just dontk now. I just reallly do not know anymore. I give up on her growing out of it. I lecture her EVERYDAY.

pull your pants up

tie your shoes.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bigloveingmommy
by Bronze Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 5:35 PM
The same thing with the homework too we are both there in the morning looking all over the house for her homework I had told her to put it in her folder I so feel you in these girl

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Bigloveingmommy:

pull your pants up

tie your shoes.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sarina.c.c
by Reen on Apr. 25, 2012 at 5:37 PM

You just described my 7 year old.

mandella79
by Gold Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 5:38 PM

My dd is 9 and I am still waiting for her to take an interest in her appearance.  She is totally unconcerned about hygiene and keeping her room or backpack organized.  I think everyone develops their self awareness at different times and she just hasn't gone through that yet.  It really sucks that you were picked on in school and I don't blame you for worrying that might happen to her too.  Just be very careful when you talk to her about this so she doesn't feel you are criticising her or belittling her.  That might make it worse.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)