• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm one of THOSE moms.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 53 Replies
5 moms liked this

This is a bragging post about how awesome of a parent I am so if you don't want to hear it just hit the back button. 

Bragging time! My daughter is 17 and got in trouble back in September involving boys and the law. She didn't get in any serious trouble but NEVER will I allow my home to be called again by the cops to hear about my daughter. When this event happened she had just gotten our car. It was a nice jeep Cherokee(our old one). She was grounded for a few months and had to earn her phone,friends, computer time and Christmas presents. The biggest punishment was she would not be allowed to drive her car until her senior year of high school. That means a whole year and even summer time without a car. I wasn't sure if I could stick to the punishment but here we are about one month from the end of junior year and she is still carless. It may not seem like something to brag about but I am proud of myself! I have stuck to a punishment this long and I have no intentions of lifting it anytime soon. 

So there ya have it. I am one of THOSE parents who actually punishses their kid and sticks to it! 

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 25, 2012 at 5:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
iluv2meow
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 5:14 PM
1 mom liked this

I think you are being extreme.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 25, 2012 at 5:14 PM
While i think you did a great job sticking to your punishment...i don't understand the concept of making her earn her christmas presents...i just don't get it...
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 25, 2012 at 5:16 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

While i think you did a great job sticking to your punishment...i don't understand the concept of making her earn her christmas presents...i just don't get it...

She was getting a laptop and computer time was something that was taken away. No worries. She earned it back and Christmas was wonderful :) 

brittani
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 5:16 PM
1 mom liked this
My son is only 5 but if the cops ever have to call my house or bring my son home he will have very severe punishments. I'm no of those moms too. I hear it all the time that I'm to strick. I don't think.I'm strick enough some times. My thinking is I lay down the law now and stick to it and hell now I wont budge when he's older and tries to do something stupid. Hopefully hell think twice before he does anything. Good job mama!!! I would have done the same thing
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 25, 2012 at 5:17 PM

Quoting iluv2meow:

I think you are being extreme.

I'm sorry you feel that way. Like I said, I am making sure that I NEVER get a phone call from the police about my daughter again. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 25, 2012 at 5:18 PM
Ohh...lol...i get it now...hahaha makes sence...

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

She was getting a laptop and computer time was something that was taken away. No worries. She earned it back and Christmas was wonderful :) 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 25, 2012 at 5:18 PM

Quoting brittani:

My son is only 5 but if the cops ever have to call my house or bring my son home he will have very severe punishments. I'm no of those moms too. I hear it all the time that I'm to strick. I don't think.I'm strick enough some times. My thinking is I lay down the law now and stick to it and hell now I wont budge when he's older and tries to do something stupid. Hopefully hell think twice before he does anything. Good job mama!!! I would have done the same thing

My daughter and some of my family say I'm too strict to but since these punishments have been put in to place, we've had a better house hold all together. 

dipsetgrl06
by Ruby Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 5:19 PM
The cops had to call my parents once when I was 17 and I didn't even get grounded. Good for you standing your ground.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 25, 2012 at 5:20 PM
What did she do?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 25, 2012 at 5:21 PM

Quoting dipsetgrl06:

The cops had to call my parents once when I was 17 and I didn't even get grounded. Good for you standing your ground.

Oh wow! If I had ever gotten the cops called on me, my butt would've been tore up so I think my daughter is getting lucky lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)