Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I am not the neighborhood free daycare! *Edit,Response #6 request for advise!*

Posted by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 5:27 PM
  • 8 Replies
I love that we live in a neighborhood full of kids. I love that when we go outside there are a ton of kids in every age group and everyone has a buddy to play with. I come out with my kids ages almost 3 and 6 to supervise and play with them. Somehow I end up being the only parent out there watching an entire neighborhood full of kids! There are little ones out here that can't be left to their own devises. It drives me nuts. They all want to use my bathroom, need drinks of water and snacks, need their various scrapes and bumps tended to. I love kids and I don't mind helping out but come on people, how about you check with me first before you send your kid out if you expect me to watch them all. How about you walk your lazy self down the street and make sure your kids behaving. How about you come out and have your kid help clean up the toys they drag out of my garage?!
Rant over. Anyone else have this issue?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 5:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
JoLee12345
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 5:38 PM
Yes! I completely understand!
yo_ho
by Gold Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 5:40 PM
1 mom liked this

I would be directing them back to their houses for all that crap if it was a regular basis thing!

ARmomOf3
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 5:41 PM

kid wants to use my bathroom, fine. kid wants snacks and water and bandaids? go home. especially on the wound thing. you dont know what bloodborne illnesses they have. protect your own first.

mmtosam06
by Platinum Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 5:43 PM
That's my apt 7days a wk=/ minus the bandaid stuff fruits and juice yep
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mandee1503
by Amanda on Apr. 25, 2012 at 5:49 PM

Yes! I've kicked the neighbor girls out several times. They make a huge mess and refuse to clean, and demand food, and just help themselves. I've told them, you may come back over when we invite you. Until then, stay home.

lauraschatz
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 11:33 AM
I feel bad sending a crying kid walking home alone with a bleeding knee or a bump on their head! I can't leave the little ones alone to walk them so I end up just cleaning the scrapes, applying the bandaides and ice packs & then letting the parents know when they come to collect their kids. I am a nurse so I'm aware of blood borne illness & am safe about it. I have never quite been able to assert myself with these parents and let them know I'm not ok with it. Anyone have any suggestions on how to let them know without having world war 3 in my development?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
brettsmomma
by ~Tammie~ on Apr. 26, 2012 at 11:35 AM

I WISH I had that issue. My kid never has anyone to play with :/

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Apr. 26, 2012 at 11:36 AM
You are not alone:(
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)