• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

time to reevaluate a relationship....

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 4 Replies
what are the important factors that go into evaluating the potential of a relationship?

How would you do it? How would you go about Letting the other person know that you want them to decide if they think the relationship is going anywhere or worth working on?

Have you ever had to reevaluate a relationship? How'd it go?

And in this instance.. No kids together and dont live together if that helps...
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 25, 2012 at 6:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 25, 2012 at 6:15 PM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 25, 2012 at 6:18 PM

Are your goals similar? meaning in five years are you content to stay where you are, or do you see improvement. Does your partner see it the same way, or are they comfortable. If one wants now and one wants later it wont work. 

xtwistedxlovex
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 6:19 PM

Respect, trust, happiness, health - both physical and mental. By this I mean if they're gambling away all of the money that's supposed to go toward bills, they are mentally unhealthy in a way that negatively affects you...things along those lines.

I don't think I really understand the second question. I would just say "There are some things about our relationship that are bothering me; I think we should discuss how we could improve them." If they were unwilling to work to make the relationship better I would take that as a clear indication they did not think it was worth it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 25, 2012 at 6:26 PM
That's a good start...there isn't anything absolute tying you together...often this helps to sort things out.

For me, I want someone ambitious and willing to always better themselves. Someone that will help advance goals I have for us nd the kids. I don't wnt this to be my primary role because I wnt to devote all my time as a sahm to their upbringing and education. The kids dad for me, should also set an example for the kids as well.

Kindness, compassion and attraction are important too.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)