Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Carseat nazis I have a question

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 7 Replies
My dd will be 10 in September. She is 4'10" tall and weighes 87 lbs. I still have her sitting in a low back booster. She really wants to stop using it, but I just feel more comfortable with her using it still. Is it dangerous to keep her in it? The seatbelt seems to fit better with the booster seat.
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 25, 2012 at 6:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
erinsmom1964
by Gold Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 6:30 PM

As long as the seatbelt hits in the right spots with her in it then no its not dangerous .  BUT if it causes the belt to sit wrong then YES

milfanyway
by Silver Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 6:31 PM
Also is she sitting in a seat with a head rest? Cause if not you need to make sure the booster isn't raising her head over the seat...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KristinawithaK
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 6:33 PM

pretty sure it only matters where the belt hits her.

OutlawMUA
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 6:35 PM

as long as the belt fits properly with it and doesn't raise her up above the headrest/top of seat, then it's fine.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 25, 2012 at 6:41 PM
There is no headrest. It is a bench seat in a van. It is low. Her head would probably be above it even without the booster seat.

Quoting milfanyway:

Also is she sitting in a seat with a head rest? Cause if not you need to make sure the booster isn't raising her head over the seat...
OutlawMUA
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 6:44 PM

Yikes!

Quoting Anonymous:

There is no headrest. It is a bench seat in a van. It is low. Her head would probably be above it even without the booster seat.

Quoting milfanyway:

Jeni1124
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 9:27 PM

Double check your state laws. Have her sit in the seat without the booster and really pay attention to how the seat belt lays, then with the booster. Is there a difference?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)