Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

hmmm wut should I do? or not?? UPDATES :)

Posted by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 6:35 PM
  • 15 Replies

Okayyy so here is the deal... for the 1st time since I moved on base I got incited to neighbors cook out this coming weekend... and I have NO idea what I should do? what is cook out? am I supposed to bring something? I am so not good with like talking to other wifes in person for some reason... well for one I know my neighborhood's wives are pretty much least 3yrs older thn me lol but most of them are like in late 20s.... and I just turned 20. normally its easier for me to talk to older adults thn my age BUT when I'm with military wife I'm not too sure.... since I feel like I'm walking with blind fold haha D: So I told her I'll be around this weekend ,,,(right now Im jobless so yeahhh :P) But I'm kinda freaking out...

I'm so happy I actually get to meet my nighbors(well I drink with right next door almost every week but havent talked w/wife much and not other neighbors neigther..) but same time I dont want to be party pooper nor silly little girl... I know next door normally wont ask me when they partying cuz I dont have my DH home and their friend brings their wife or gf so yeah... blah im not sure wut the hell im saying lol

but ladies is there something I shouldn't say at place of gathering or just give me any advice!!! thank youuuuu! <3

*update*

so well I'm at home now lol so you can guess I didn't get to go lol the next door told me she would let me know time and when but she never did haha yeah I can smell the food from my houseeee haha I wish I have courage enough to socialize more with people I don't know hahaha (man Idk how I manage to do customer service being so damn shy LOL but I did well as a job lol) so I guess its my own fault for not being forward but kinda sad since I was waiting for her to swing by or something to pass me the words... haha but here is the update :) I'll be better when my dh is backkk lol

by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 6:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Apr. 25, 2012 at 6:37 PM

English isn't your first language is it?

NyonUzi
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 6:39 PM

nope :) itz my 2nd language lol i've been studying english for 5years now :)

and didnt run spell check neigther haha

Quoting Anonymous:

English isn't your first language is it?

BekahBrownEyes
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 6:42 PM

The only way to know if you should take something is to ask the host/hostess. They will be able to tell you if they would like you to bring something, if so make your very best dish, if you know how to cook or bake I mean. And don't feel stupid, cook-outs tend to be really laid back since they start outside and can end up indoors. I hope this helped.

Judgemental people need to take their misery someplace else.

I refuse to conform, I refuse to take crap from others, I am a sassy, smart, honest, fabulous and sexy Texas Mama.

Save The Planet- Go Green!

NyonUzi
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 6:47 PM

awe<3 I'll make sure I do that haha yeah cooking might not be my best thing but I can bake brownies or two if I sty haha okay so its just laid back hanging out thingy huh? I felt so silly posting this so I'm so happy tht you replied so nice! :3 my DH tells me I need to be more out going so I must try.... :P thnx<3

Quoting BekahBrownEyes:

The only way to know if you should take something is to ask the host/hostess. They will be able to tell you if they would like you to bring something, if so make your very best dish, if you know how to cook or bake I mean. And don't feel stupid, cook-outs tend to be really laid back since they start outside and can end up indoors. I hope this helped.

jonellg
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 6:48 PM

take them a bottle of wine or a salad and have fun

momof3josephs
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 6:50 PM

Cook outs are very easy. You are expected to ask the hostess what you need to bring. She might tell you to bring nothing, or to bring cups, desert, whatever they need. It is perfectly ok to ask, it is considered polite. People will cook food on a grill outside, and everyone will sit around a talk, drink, and possibly play games. You don't have to dress up or anything, just be friendly and relaxed! I have a hard time with things like this when I go to different countries...this kind of thing can be hard. If you have any questions please message me, I am happy to help!

annasew
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 6:57 PM

oh ask your hostess.  Anything you take will have to be done before you go.  Cook outs are when you grill outside and eat outside. (I have had to answer that question many times before so do not feel silly for not knowing)  You do not want to talk about anything personal you dont want the world to know about and nothing illegal even if others are talking about it.   Do not feel bad for not being close to the military wives most of them are two faced bitches. Yes, I am a military wife and know how they can be. 

NyonUzi
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 7:01 PM

oh salada sounds good too! :D even tho I can't bring wine lol I'm still underage to buy them :P

I have one unopened Vodka lol and Run tht mil left LOL

Quoting jonellg:

jonellg
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 7:03 PM

lol, this salad is AWESOME! Try it, its bound to be a hit.

http://www.bhg.com/recipe/salads/corn-and-blueberry-salad/

Quoting NyonUzi:

oh salada sounds good too! :D even tho I can't bring wine lol I'm still underage to buy them :P

I have one unopened Vodka lol and Run tht mil left LOL

Quoting jonellg:

NyonUzi
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 7:04 PM

okay how abt like I got invited like 2nd hand? should I just ask the nxt door wife who invited me?

yeah I like drinking and playing games haha their fun :3 yeah I dont want to be rude so I'll make sure I'll ask one of them haha x3

Quoting momof3josephs:

Cook outs are very easy. You are expected to ask the hostess what you need to bring. She might tell you to bring nothing, or to bring cups, desert, whatever they need. It is perfectly ok to ask, it is considered polite. People will cook food on a grill outside, and everyone will sit around a talk, drink, and possibly play games. You don't have to dress up or anything, just be friendly and relaxed! I have a hard time with things like this when I go to different countries...this kind of thing can be hard. If you have any questions please message me, I am happy to help!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)