Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Thanks for the info...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 8 Replies
My niece in law has asked me from the day my son was born when he will be able to see color. I've tried telling her that he has always been able to see color. But he is walking now and she is still asking me that. It gets on my nerves. She asks that everytime she sees him and she is 17. She gave me a whole speech about how babies can't see color. I just looked at her. My ex bil also told me that babies put things in their mouths because their saliva sterilizes it. And he was in his 20's. I'm losing hope for the future of America. What is the dumbest thing you have been told?
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 25, 2012 at 7:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
xtwistedxlovex
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 7:59 PM
My brother thought my male cat was female because he had nipples. I had to point out to him that HE had nipples and was a male.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 25, 2012 at 8:00 PM
Lol!

Quoting xtwistedxlovex:

My brother thought my male cat was female because he had nipples. I had to point out to him that HE had nipples and was a male.

JBbean
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 8:03 PM

Lol I wish I could answer this but i'm in brain fart mode. Damn being a mother. This is funny though! We are surrounded by idiots... and i'm one to talk hahaha

SimplyErathy
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 8:06 PM

fil said that its good for babies to cry for hours because it helps their lungs develop. my old pedi said that breastfeeding past 6 wks was pointless because it loses all nutritional value. mil said my kids need to learn spanish or they  will get no where in life....umm really? last i checked this is america....and the lang is english lol (sorry but if i moved to mexico i would damn sure learn spanish. shes been here 15 yers and still knows no english!). oh and recently after fil asked me where dd is going to school and me saying hs he said " thats bull shit dont try that crap she needs to go to real school"......really O_o

Mamaknowsbest26
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 8:14 PM
When I was at work one day, there was a couple student nurses talking. I couldn't help overhear as I was sitting 3 feet away from them doing some charting. They started talking about Iowa, and how it wasn't a state. One girl then insisted Iowa was merely just a city in Ohio. She then went on to further her claims by saying there is only one state that starts with an I, being Indiana (she forgot about Illinois, and Idaho, as well as Iowa) she also said plus only one state has 4 letters-Ohio(when Utah also exist). I just looked up and said "seriously?" and went on back to charting. I just thought to myself I sure hope these bitches are good at math and science, because these are our future nurses!!
epoh
by Ruby Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 8:16 PM
I've been told by that if I didn't drink cow's milk I wouldn't be able to make (human) breastmilk.

I banged my head into a wall no less than 50 times upon hearing that.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 25, 2012 at 9:54 PM
That's pretty bad! Lol

Quoting Mamaknowsbest26:

When I was at work one day, there was a couple student nurses talking. I couldn't help overhear as I was sitting 3 feet away from them doing some charting. They started talking about Iowa, and how it wasn't a state. One girl then insisted Iowa was merely just a city in Ohio. She then went on to further her claims by saying there is only one state that starts with an I, being Indiana (she forgot about Illinois, and Idaho, as well as Iowa) she also said plus only one state has 4 letters-Ohio(when Utah also exist). I just looked up and said "seriously?" and went on back to charting. I just thought to myself I sure hope these bitches are good at math and science, because these are our future nurses!!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 25, 2012 at 9:54 PM
Hahaha

Quoting epoh:

I've been told by that if I didn't drink cow's milk I wouldn't be able to make (human) breastmilk.

I banged my head into a wall no less than 50 times upon hearing that.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)