Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Sex offenders

Posted by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 7:57 PM
  • 9 Replies

My son was out talking to the neighbor down the street and she told him that this one guy on our street was a sex offender. I have lived here 6 years and never heard this about one on my street. There is one a street over from me. She said another neighbor told her...she has only lived here a year. I looked on watchdog but its just showing the one man a street over from us. Are there any other sites I can check to see if he is on there? I live in Arkansas if that helps any.

by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 7:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Apr. 25, 2012 at 7:59 PM

Call the local police.

mandella79
by Gold Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 8:00 PM

The county in AR that I live in has it's own sherrif's website that lists all of the registered sex offenders.  That might help.  If you knew his name you could also search the database for it, he may have moved without notifying the authorities and they don't have his address listed correctly. 

angie729
by Ruby Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 8:02 PM

Ohh thanks...do I just go to the county sheriff website?

Quoting mandella79:

The county in AR that I live in has it's own sherrif's website that lists all of the registered sex offenders.  That might help.  If you knew his name you could also search the database for it, he may have moved without notifying the authorities and they don't have his address listed correctly. 

BekahBrownEyes
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 8:03 PM

I am not totally sure, I only know that with some states that information is located on the State or sometimes city site.

Judgemental people need to take their misery someplace else.

I refuse to conform, I refuse to take crap from others, I am a sassy, smart, honest, fabulous and sexy Texas Mama.

Save The Planet- Go Green!

mandella79
by Gold Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 8:04 PM

That is what I did.  I just googled "---- county sherriff" and found it like that.  They had tabs you could click on to view so, warrants, arrests etc.  Very informative....

Quoting angie729:

Quoting mandella79:

angie729
by Ruby Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 8:06 PM

I found the site...it has all kinds of stuff on there. Thanks!!

Quoting mandella79:

That is what I did.  I just googled "---- county sherriff" and found it like that.  They had tabs you could click on to view so, warrants, arrests etc.  Very informative....

Quoting angie729:

Quoting mandella79:

mandella79
by Gold Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 8:07 PM

You are welcome, enjoy!

Quoting angie729:

I found the site...it has all kinds of stuff on there. Thanks!!

Quoting mandella79:

Quoting angie729:

Quoting mandella79:

brlee1115
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 8:08 PM

Check with your local sheriff's or police dept. You can check and it'll give the address of a registered sex offender. A sex offender is required to register and update their address if it ever changes. However, some can slide by and not get caught.

Your neighbor needs to make sure their info is correct before they start accusing. It could def backfire and a lawsuit could happen.

angie729
by Ruby Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 8:14 PM

I think she got her streets mixed up...they are very similar names of the streets in this neighborhood. Im just coming up with the one guy that lives a street over.

Quoting brlee1115:

Check with your local sheriff's or police dept. You can check and it'll give the address of a registered sex offender. A sex offender is required to register and update their address if it ever changes. However, some can slide by and not get caught.

Your neighbor needs to make sure their info is correct before they start accusing. It could def backfire and a lawsuit could happen.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)