Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

this really got me thinking and pissed me off....

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 85 Replies

Last nights episode of 16 and pregnant really irked me and got me thinking if people actually think it is okay.  I am only mentioning race in this to see if people think it is okay for one race and not the other.  A black girl gets pregnant by a white boy.  The girls mom makes it very clear that the white baby daddy isn't allowed in her house at all (while she was pregnant until right before she is due).  The boy bought the baby crib and stuff at one point which girls mom kept at her house.  They Sh* talked about him at the surprise baby shower (coed, which he wasn't invited)  At the end, she said it was okay for him to come and visit. 

So, here is my question.  If your child was to get pregnant/get someone pregnant by someone of the opposite race, would the baby daddy/mommy be welcomed in your home?  Is what the mom did racist (she did say at one point something along the lines of "why did it have to be a white boy?")?  If it was a white person who did it to a black person, is it racist?  My friend who is black defended the mom saying it is cultural (is it) and looked down on getting pregnant by someone outside their race.  What about if a Mexican got pregnant outside their race and did it?  Or do you see it as there home their rules and see nothing more to it (not, "their home, "none of my business" since it was on national tv)? 

ETA: what pissed me off (which would be of any race) is the baby daddy not being allowed over to see HIS child).

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 25, 2012 at 8:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
brettsmomma
by ~Tammie~ on Apr. 25, 2012 at 8:10 PM
1 mom liked this

I try not to sort people by color. But thats just me.

opal10161973
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 8:12 PM
5 moms liked this
I don't care what race you are, that was wrong to do to a Dad. Period.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mackiebugsmom
by Silver Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 8:14 PM
It wouldn't be the color of his skin that would keep him away from my dd. It would be the fact that dh would kill him but I'm sure once the baby was born dh would let him around, we would insist on them supporting the baby soo I wouldn't keep him from his baby..
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MaNdYbEaR2010
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 8:14 PM
3 moms liked this

This.

And I think the mom was a racist fucking cunt.

Quoting opal10161973:

I don't care what race you are, that was wrong to do to a Dad. Period.

Jamie1972
by Ruby Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 8:14 PM
Yes that is racist. My sister was married to a black man. Had 3 brautiful kids. One if which passed away 15 yrs ago. But their grandma(my former bils mom) nvr fully accepted the kids cuz they werr/are half white.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 25, 2012 at 8:16 PM
1 mom liked this

That sucks.  That sounds just wrong.  After getting my daughter pregnant, I would probably kick his ass and then he would be welcome in my house.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 25, 2012 at 8:17 PM

That is so sad that she never full accepted them.  I am sorry to hear about the one who passed away.

Quoting Jamie1972:

Yes that is racist. My sister was married to a black man. Had 3 brautiful kids. One if which passed away 15 yrs ago. But their grandma(my former bils mom) nvr fully accepted the kids cuz they werr/are half white.

angie729
by Ruby Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 8:17 PM

I think her mom was wrong and being racist. After the baby was born she went to ther moms and then he didnt come around I think he was uncomfortable and I cant blame him. I would have been very uncomfortable in that house after the things she had said.

indy.mama
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 8:18 PM

I'm shocked the girl's mother managed to raise a child--because she's obviously not a grown up. *rolls eyes* I can't stand people like that. My old roommate was denied a job because, and I quote, "I'll give you the job if you kick that white girl out." Shaking my head in disgust.

clippingmom
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 8:20 PM
1 mom liked this

My dd is getting married in September and her fiance is from Bangladesh and is Hindu, we are pasty white and christians. They are happy he treats her VERY VERY well That is all I can ask for and he is welcome in my home anytime!!!

My sis in law is also in an interracial marriage she is white and he is black or AA however you want to look at it he dad my father in law no longer speaks to her. I how ever am just plain jealous he treats her like a QUEEN!!!  Again I could care less he is a great husband and a great father isn't that all we really want for our children???

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)