Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

WWYD? daycare related - long

Posted by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 8:12 PM
  • 5 Replies

for the past 1.5 years or so, my kids have been attending in home daycare. My dd is 5 and DS is 2 1/2   the provider is very nice, patient, takes the kids to do fun stuff during the week, etc

the problem is her child.  she is 7 years old (homeschooled) and a bit "awkward".  My dd and "S" have a love hate relationship and there have been times when they both have put their hands on each other (pulling shirts, scratching, etc) - nothing too serious but it began to make me wonder where the provider is when all of this is happening. 

the other day, my dd comes home with a scratch on her neck, I asked her what happened and she said S scratched her.  there are some days when I go to pick the kids up that my dd and S are bickering and other days when they are calling each other sisters.

I have told dd to tell S that if she is going to scratch and her hurt that my dd will not want to play with her anymore. 

tonight, my dd busts out in tears and says that she does not want to go there anymore and that S is mean to her and hurts her.  she wants to find a new sitter.

I told DD that I would put her in backup care (my job reimburses me for this) but that she will have to go back to the sitters on friday

what would you do?

thanks

by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 8:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
jojojack
by Bronze Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 8:23 PM

did you speak to the kids mom?

lucky2Beeme
by Emerald Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 8:25 PM

talk with your provider and see if there is a way for these two to get along. can she be more watchful, can she stop them before either one puts their hands on the other. Tell her your DD doesn't want to come because of her DD. Ask her if you should be seeking new daycare. This lets her know she needs to step it up or you will be leaving.

iluv2meow
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 8:27 PM

always listen to your children and find a new sitter

eastbaby
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 8:27 PM

Id just find a new provider.......

sfkdny
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 10:18 PM

I spoke to her the few times I noticed the scratches and she kind of just said she was not sure what happened.  I know my dd tends to embilish the truth but I am not going to bring her there if she is scared/  thanks

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)