Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

WWYD

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 16 Replies

A friend of mine who is mom of 1, grown 20 year old who lives with her and goes to school posted today on fb that she had a stressful lunch because of screaming, cranky kids.

She then posted the following after a couple of generic responses.

(I just asked her where she ate, waiting for response)

Quote:

it was a boy living out his terrible 2's!!!!! I wanted to slap his mother. he wanted attention. She said he just woke up from a nap. i said obviously he woke up on the wrong side of the bed. she finally started to weakly address the issue and asked him if he wanted "pow pow" then did not follow thru when he did not settle down. At that point i was getting up to leave. I leaned in and said, if you say u are gonna give him pow pow, then u have to follow thru and do it. take him to the restroom and handle it.
On your mark...get set......GO with it ladies.  LOL
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 25, 2012 at 8:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
epoh
by Ruby Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 8:22 PM
What am I supposed to comment on?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
GirlWSlingshot
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 8:22 PM
Probably McDonalds. Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
brettsmomma
by ~Tammie~ on Apr. 25, 2012 at 8:23 PM
2 moms liked this

I so dare anyone to ever confront my parenting face to face.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 25, 2012 at 8:24 PM

either view point the mom with the kid or the diner, whichever you so choose.  

Quoting epoh:

epoh
by Ruby Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 8:25 PM
Idk. I don't find anything super horrible about it. Mom could have handled it better but that's about it.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting epoh:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 25, 2012 at 8:26 PM

This is just for discussion, since this type of thing comes up often on here.  I found it CMish and she does not belong to CM. That is my friend with the grown son.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 25, 2012 at 8:27 PM

As the mom, how would you have handles the woman who approached you? Honest it is just for chit chat. Not trying to prove a point or anything, I promise.  Just chatting.

Quoting epoh:

Idk. I don't find anything super horrible about it. Mom could have handled it better but that's about it.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting epoh:

epoh
by Ruby Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 8:31 PM
Knowing me, I'd be irritated at that moment. Also knowing me, I take criticism very personally so I'd probably take it home with me, mull it over, and either accept her criticism or stay pissed. Lol

Quoting Anonymous:

As the mom, how would you have handles the woman who approached you? Honest it is just for chit chat. Not trying to prove a point or anything, I promise.  Just chatting.

Quoting epoh:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting epoh:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mandella79
by Gold Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 8:37 PM

I had a little old biddy make comments to me at the doctor's office once about needing to spank my baby.  I am pro spanking but the baby was like 1 1/2 and was having a full on crazy crying fit because he was insanely tired.  We had been at three different doctors with my grandpa that day and he had just had enough.  I calmly told the woman that spanking wasn't going to make him fall asleep, which is what he needed, and to please remove her hearing aid if she didn't like it.  He passed out just a few minutes later.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 26, 2012 at 1:30 AM

LOL, me too.

Quoting epoh:

Knowing me, I'd be irritated at that moment. Also knowing me, I take criticism very personally so I'd probably take it home with me, mull it over, and either accept her criticism or stay pissed. Lol

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting epoh:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting epoh:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)